The Student Room Group

red flag or not?

so i met this guy just over a week ago, he came up to me on the bus and asked for my snap. we've been talking since then. he's a year older- he plays football in college and I'm doing my gcses currently. i told him I'm busy at the moment (revision and that) and so i cant meet him yet, but he's been mad persistent and I've told him like twice I'm uncomfortable meeting him so soon. he seemed to understand that and said he was fine waiting but still continued to ask. somehow I've agreed to meet him in my half term (the week after this coming one) and hopefully by that time i should be feeling a bit better about it. my friends say i shouldn't do anything i don't want to- i don't mind seeing him now but they say its weird he kept on asking after i already told him no once. he's really nice in every other aspect- his compliments are sweet and he's easy to talk to. so i guess I'm unsure if I'm just overreacting and the guy was just excited to see me or if it was a red flag as my friends say.

also as a follow up question- my friends said its also dodgy he wants to go cinema for our first date- is it?
How old are the two of you? :confused:

Personally I do think that it is dodgy to cold approach someone on public transport and ask for their contact info.
I think that it is fine to go to the cinema for a first date.

Always trust your gut instinct and listen to what your common sense is telling you. :smile:
If you see that he is involved in anything illegal or he asks you to do anything that you feel uncomfortable with- run for the hills.
This includes offering to buy you alcohol with fake id or consuming any illegal substances in front of you.
Reply 2
Mmm, seats next to each other in the cinema where you can't talk and get to know each other, and no-one can see what you are up to...

Maybe it is innocent and he's not after a grope and a snog, but I'd go with something more public and where you can chat properly - coffee/milkshake/lunch - in the early days. Even dating as an adult, my now-boyfriend and I did a lot of drinks and dinner dates so we could just relax and have fun getting to know each other.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 3
Original post by londonmyst
How old are the two of you? :confused:

Personally I do think that it is dodgy to cold approach someone on public transport and ask for their contact info.
I think that it is fine to go to the cinema for a first date.

Always trust your gut instinct and listen to what your common sense is telling you. :smile:
If you see that he is involved in anything illegal or he asks you to do anything that you feel uncomfortable with- run for the hills.
This includes offering to buy you alcohol with fake id or consuming any illegal substances in front of you.

I'm 16 and he's 17.

Ok thanks that makes sense, I will do.
Reply 4
Original post by Surnia
Mmm, seats next to each other in the cinema where you can't talk and get to know each other, and no-one can see what you are up to...

Maybe it is innocent and he's not after a grope and a snog, but I'd go with something more public and where you can chat properly - coffee/milkshake/lunch - in the early days. Even dating as an adult, my now-boyfriend and I did a lot of drinks and dinner dates so we could just relax and have fun getting to know each other.

I was thinking that too like we should go for food instead.
Going cinema for dates was common once. Yes suggest you go for food then see how you feel. You found him attractive or why else would you give him your snapchat
I'd assert yourself and change the date to coffee or food. If he refuses, I'd think about ghosting him because he obviously doesn't respect you or your opinions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending