The Student Room Group

Can I still get D*D*D*?

Doing a 2 year, level 3 IT BTEC, and got a MM in my first year, is it possible for me to get D*D*D* at the end of the second year?
Original post by fjdihsu
Doing a 2 year, level 3 IT BTEC, and got a MM in my first year, is it possible for me to get D*D*D* at the end of the second year?

I think for D*D*D* you need to get a distinction in every unit, but you should download the btec grade calculator online and then input the grades for units you’ve already done then you can see what grades you need in the second year units to get a certain grade
Reply 2
Original post by BailyEast1
I think for D*D*D* you need to get a distinction in every unit, but you should download the btec grade calculator online and then input the grades for units you’ve already done then you can see what grades you need in the second year units to get a certain grade

So even if I got an overall DD for the first year, D*D*D* wouldn't be possible?
Original post by fjdihsu
So even if I got an overall DD for the first year, D*D*D* wouldn't be possible?

Download the BTEC Nationals grade calculator (link below). Put in the grades you have for this year and then input grades for the units you are doing next year and it will show you possible overall grades;
https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/results-certification/understanding-marks-and-grades/using-the-next-generation-btec-nqf-grade-calculator.html
Reply 4
Apparently, the total number of points required of a D*D*D* is 180, I've finished my first year with around 140'ish. If I have another 8 units next year, then surly I should be able to gain a D*D*D* overall, right?
Original post by fjdihsu
Apparently, the total number of points required of a D*D*D* is 180, I've finished my first year with around 140'ish. If I have another 8 units next year, then surly I should be able to gain a D*D*D* overall, right?

doesn't sound right? are you confusing points with Credits?
What is the actual full details of the course you are doing (Ext Dip, Diploma, Ext cert etc) and subject?
If you list all of the units you have done in Year 1 and the actual overall grade for each, plus the actual Grade and UMS mark for the exams, I can work it out for you.
Reply 6
Original post by bamtutor
doesn't sound right? are you confusing points with Credits?
What is the actual full details of the course you are doing (Ext Dip, Diploma, Ext cert etc) and subject?
If you list all of the units you have done in Year 1 and the actual overall grade for each, plus the actual Grade and UMS mark for the exams, I can work it out for you.

I've noticed that my grades are "provisional" so idk if it will change or not
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending