The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Accomodation for school of ocean sciences

Hi I have just accepted an offer to study my postgrad in Marine biology.

I'm now looking for accomodation but I know that the school of ocean science is on Anglesey. Most of the halls i have found are the other side of the bridge. I do not have a car so I won't be able to travel across using that.

I was wondering if anyone studying at that school can give me any advice, I know there are a few buses that travel there in 20mins or so, are they frequent and reliable or shall I look at getting a bicycle 🤭.

Thanks in advance for any help it's much appreciated.

Kiera
Original post by kiera.green
Hi I have just accepted an offer to study my postgrad in Marine biology.

I'm now looking for accomodation but I know that the school of ocean science is on Anglesey. Most of the halls i have found are the other side of the bridge. I do not have a car so I won't be able to travel across using that.

I was wondering if anyone studying at that school can give me any advice, I know there are a few buses that travel there in 20mins or so, are they frequent and reliable or shall I look at getting a bicycle 🤭.

Thanks in advance for any help it's much appreciated.

Kiera

Hi,

Great to hear you've accepted an offer to study with us here at Bangor :smile:

I'd recommend you look at the Ffriddoedd Village for accommodation:

https://www.bangor.ac.uk/accommodation/ffriddoedd

There are frequent buses that go over the bridge every few minutes and are reasonable, you could also get a bike too and would probably take you around 15 to 20 minutes to arrive at the Ocean Science department.

Hope this helps :smile: let me know if I can help with anything else.

Sera
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Hi yes thank you that is very helpful and I am lookimg at a bike too 🙂
I do have another question though.
I have just been reading through some of the important documents on the website and came across a piece called General Regulations. Paragraph number 35 states "full-time postgraduate students must be at university or other agreed location for the whole registration period, any periods away from the university must have be approved in writing by course organiser etc..."
Is this actually true ? Does that mean that we cannot leave for weekends to visit family or go home over the Christmas period without it being signed off by a lecturer ? This seems a little excessive, any information you can provide on that would be very helpful because my family are very far in London and France so if possible and I have free time I would obviously like to see them when not in lectures or exams or field trips

Can you help clarify this ?

I live in London currently with elderly grandparents and my parents live in France. Does this mean that once i start in September if I wanted to go home for a couple of days or a week to see them I wouldn't be allowed without having it approved by the course organise ?

Many thanks for your help

Miss Green

Quick Reply

Latest