The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9500
Hey Aiko :^_^:

I'm really tempted to keep watching CG today, but I have tonne of coursework that needs to be done :sad:
Heh, it's annoying when you get that feeling. I had it with Death Note and Code Geass. You feel like you HAVE to keep watching it, constantly going "fecking cliffhangers!"

I feel like buying a Disk Enclosure ...
morning :s-smilie:

:ditto: DN and the 1st season of CG were bloody addictive :teeth: i remember i was watching DN til morning during a weekday :s-smilie:
Reply 9503
Unfortunately, in recent years, I have been unable to become 'addicted' to most series like I use to. The only series that I became "addicted" to lately and felt compelled to watch all of it was Saint Seiya, an old classic.
Reply 9504
:blah: I like this smiley

I'm odd with anime. I've been on episode 8 of witchblade for a few months...just haven't got around to buying more DVDs. But I watched Clannad in under two days, and across a three day weekend last year I watched all of Otogi-Jushi Akazukin (39 episodes).

I seem to watch series more quickly if I stream them as:
1)I can easily put them in a smaller browser and post on forums at the same time
2) I don't have the security of knowing it's installed on my HDD- it can be taken away at any time. Especially with R1 companies issuing C&D for shows they haven't actually shown any sign of licensing :mad:
I tend to watch series very quickly, even more so when I'm on holiday. :biggrin:
you even watch anime on holiday AJ? :wtf?: arent holidays meant for going out and having fun :rolleyes: :p:
Reply 9507
8 eugenius
you even watch anime on holiday AJ? :wtf?: arent holidays meant for going out and having fun :rolleyes: :p:

AJ doesn't like natural light.

Just like me :five:

It burns!
Reply 9508
In my case I believe it's because I have waves of enthusiasm. As strange as this might sound, anime has become an integral way of life for me, I don't actively pursue or love a particular series, I just watch it because I have always done. Obviously I enjoy the series I see, but I don't receive the same inclination to catch the next episode. I think it's also because I watch multiple series at the same time. Whilst this enables me to catch everything each fall (this innate desire not to miss anything is an OCD of sorts), it also means I cannot immerse myself into the world of the characters as well. At one moment I'm watching Luke from Tales of Abyss sword fighting and the next moment I'm watching Kannagi moaning about being hungry. Multiply that several times over and you start to lose the connection.

I download almost all of my anime from Winny as MKV, usually removing the files after I've seen the anime, or not, depending on how I rated it. As I've stated in the past, I've also seen so many series over the years that there's very few that provide anything new.

In essence, anime is food to me, I enjoy eating it, but there's only so much variety. I know what I like eating, thus I eat it. It's very rare to come across food that I've never eaten before but end up loving. If I did, that's when I become addicted.
Reply 9509
CG is addicting, and so have most of the series I've watched. If I don't find it addicting I usually end up not watching the rest of the episodes :p:

FMA was really addictive for me.
Reply 9510
Truered
AJ doesn't like natural light.

Just like me :five:

It burns!

With the exception of my fiance and close knit of friends, I'm an absolute loner that spends all my day sitting at the computer watching anime or drawing. Maybe for one or two hours I'll go out to eat or to "socialize" with said friends, but most of the time I'm sitting here, either alone, or amongst loungers. I've successfully managed to find a group of people similar to myself who would much prefer lazing around than doing anything remotely productive. Of course, during the week I'm out working, but even then, I have the internet, thus TSR. :awesome:
Reply 9511
Matisse
With the exception of my fiance and close knit of friends, I'm an absolute loner that spends all my day sitting at the computer watching anime or drawing. Maybe for one or two hours I'll go out to eat or to "socialize" with said friends, but most of the time I'm sitting here, either alone, or amongst loungers. I've successfully managed to find a group of people similar to myself who would much prefer lazing around than doing anything remotely productive. Of course, during the week I'm out working, but even then, I have the internet, thus TSR. :awesome:

Sometimes I watch TV/DVDs or play on the xbox :proud:

And with the exception of Wednesday, for the past week and a half I've been getting out of bed at midday :s-smilie: :woo:
Reply 9512
Yuuki
CG is addicting, and so have most of the series I've watched. If I don't find it addicting I usually end up not watching the rest of the episodes :p:

FMA was really addictive for me.

I secretly hate you, Yuuki, because I would love to be you. Contradiction, much? You have so much to see and to enjoy, I can't help but feel envious because I've already done it. What I'd do to watch Berserk for the first time again. :frown:
Reply 9513
Matisse
I secretly hate you, Yuuki, because I would love to be you. Contradiction, much? You have so much to see and to enjoy, I can't help but feel envious because I've already done it. What I'd do to watch Berserk for the first time again. :frown:

Drink a few pints of vodka :awesome:

Disclaimer: Do not drink a few pints of vodka :awesome:
Reply 9514
Truered
Sometimes I watch TV/DVDs or play on the xbox :proud:

And with the exception of Wednesday, for the past week and a half I've been getting out of bed at midday :s-smilie: :woo:

Oh yeah, I have the TV on in the background, merely because my flat mate is probably watching it, or I have it on for ambiance. I don't play the 360 much, Fable 2 was my last game. It's mostly chatting online, drawing and watching anime. My god. If it weren't for work I'd be a bum. :laughing:
Reply 9515
Truered
Drink a few pints of vodka :awesome:

Disclaimer: Do not drink a few pints of vodka :awesome:

I smoke enough, if I were to drink I'd be a total wreck. :awesome:
Reply 9516
Matisse
Oh yeah, I have the TV on in the background, merely because my flat mate is probably watching it, or I have it on for ambiance. I don't play the 360 much, Fable 2 was my last game. It's mostly chatting online, drawing and watching anime. My god. If it weren't for work I'd be a bum. :laughing:

If I start doing online food shopping I'd only leave the house:
For societies
For my 1 1/2 hour practical and my seminar (because attendance is marked).

Also when I've spent so long in my room I feel the crazy.
Reply 9517
Truered
If I start doing online food shopping I'd only leave the house:
For societies
For my 1 1/2 hour practical and my seminar (because attendance is marked).

Also when I've spent so long in my room I feel the crazy.

And once you begin working, you'll be somewhere else most of the time. I think most people lead my life (maybe not as obsessively). I mean, quite frankly, after you've spent five days leaving the home to go to work (for many that isn't enjoyable either), the last thing you want to do during the weekend is to leave for another exhausting day. I know many people who spend the entire weekend down at the pub drinking. In my case, the weekend is the perfect time to "chill". I know I feel most comfortable in my own home than anywhere else.

Oh, and yeah, feeling the crazy is a good sensation. My record is 48 hours. :awesome:
Reply 9518
Matisse
And once you begin working, you'll be somewhere else most of the time. I think most people lead my life (maybe not as obsessively). I mean, quite frankly, after you've spent five days leaving the home to go to work (for many that isn't enjoyable either), the last thing you want to do during the weekend is to leave for another exhausting day. I know many people who spend the entire weekend down at the pub drinking. In my case, the weekend is the perfect time to "chill". I know I feel most comfortable in my own home than anywhere else.

Oh, and yeah, feeling the crazy is a good sensation. My record is 48 hours. :awesome:

I was unable to get a job this summer, so I spent a large amount of three months in my room (which was smaller then the one I'd got use to at uni).

Near the end I was walking the dog with my Mum almost everyday- one to get out a bit, and two so my Mum wouldn't start asking me to go on walks to get "fresh air" :giggle:
Reply 9519
Truered
I was unable to get a job this summer, so I spent a large amount of three months in my room (which was smaller then the one I'd got use to at uni).

Near the end I was walking the dog with my Mum almost everyday- one to get out a bit, and two so my Mum wouldn't start asking me to go on walks to get "fresh air" :giggle:

That was exactly the same for me when I was living with my parents. When I was around 16-18, I was an absolute loner, I had very few friends. I don't believe this was because people disliked me, as such, I just liked my own space and much preferred doing my own thing. Still do, to an extent. During the summer I would pretty much sit in my room 24/7, much to my mother's concern.

She would be concerned that I didn't have any boyfriends, or friends for that matter, and thought I might be a hikikomori. :laughing: I was getting there. I just use to spend all my time watching anime, drawing and urm, sleeping. :p: My mother would deliberately take me out during the day for some (you guessed it) "fresh air", and maybe go shopping. This changed a little when I went to college in Tokyo, as I moved out of home. I just had nobody to bother me, then. When I decided to study internationally, my parents were shocked, given my nature. Funny thing is, this approach to life hasn't really hindered my career. I go out, I'm sociable and well spoken. I just much prefer watching anime and drawing on my computer, as opposed to, urm, getting drunk somewhere. It also helps that I can smoke my weed in private, can't do that in public. :awesome:

Latest