The Student Room Group

Can any musicians help?

I know this isn’t the best forum to ask something like this but I could really use some help! I’m a drummer but it’s to do with keeping in time so if any other musicians (drummers or not) could provide some advice I’d really appreciate it :smile:

I have an exam on Sunday (Rockschool grade 2) and I’m really struggling with the timing of my paradiddles.

The delayed paradiddle always sounds like it’s out of time - and I’m not sure if I’m actually out of time, or if it’s just because the whole thing is delayed. The accent should be in between beats, so it’s very hard to tell. How can I be sure, and how can I correct my timing?
Original post by RushingRiver
I know this isn’t the best forum to ask something like this but I could really use some help! I’m a drummer but it’s to do with keeping in time so if any other musicians (drummers or not) could provide some advice I’d really appreciate it :smile:

I have an exam on Sunday (Rockschool grade 2) and I’m really struggling with the timing of my paradiddles.

The delayed paradiddle always sounds like it’s out of time - and I’m not sure if I’m actually out of time, or if it’s just because the whole thing is delayed. The accent should be in between beats, so it’s very hard to tell. How can I be sure, and how can I correct my timing?

Hi there.

I can't think of anyone to tag but will do if I do later.

Good luck for the exam! :smile:
Original post by TriplexA
Hi there.

I can't think of anyone to tag but will do if I do later.

Good luck for the exam! :smile:

Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest