Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prudy)
    8 pints is your RDA...:confused:
    A pint is around 500ml. 500ml x 8 = 4 litres

I hardly ever drink water. Only fruit juices and fizzy drinks (which are like 99% water anyway), and only about 1 litre a day.
    4 litres is too much me thinks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil2008)
    A pint is around 500ml. 500ml x 8 = 4 litres

I hardly ever drink water. Only fruit juices and fizzy drinks (which are like 99% water anyway), and only about 1 litre a day.
    4 litres is too much me thinks.
    http://www.water.org.uk/home/water-f...acts/adults#T2

3.7 litres. Bear in mind this includes water gained from food.

ReputationRep:
    Hyponaetremia! :O I drink way too much water...I always drink at least 2 litres of water a day (normally more) and then nearly a litre of tea. The other day I think I drank 4 litres, in addition to a load of tea, and some OJ in the morning! I also eat loads of fruit and vegetables, so there's the water from them too.

I'm trying to cut down because I was getting headaches and generally feeling not too chipper, and had bad water retention (which you wouldn't think you'd get from too much water!?!).

ReputationRep:
    See a doctor.
    For example, being thirsty all the time and having headaches could be the start of a nasty virus... And it's also one of the main symptoms of diabetes.
    Not to scare you though, when I was 15ish, I was going up to get three pint glasses of water, and ten mins later, I was up again, refilling them and going to the loo. Doc thought I was diabetic, actually, it was a weird virus. But then again, I was also really dizzy :/
    Just a thought =)

ReputationRep:
    i also drink a **** load of water, but not as much as you.i drink about 4-5 litres/day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jazzyjelly)
    I drink tons of water
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    I only drink a few sips of water a day plus maybe one cup of tea. Probably not very good for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by badboy6969)
    OMG! Yes you do! You're why we have water shortages!

LMFAOO NOO

I dno but jus have 8 glasses a day

I drink about three litres a day & I still feel dehydrated. D:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.