The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Prudy
8 pints is your RDA...:confused:

A pint is around 500ml. 500ml x 8 = 4 litres

I hardly ever drink water. Only fruit juices and fizzy drinks (which are like 99% water anyway), and only about 1 litre a day.
4 litres is too much me thinks.
Reply 21
Phil2008
A pint is around 500ml. 500ml x 8 = 4 litres

I hardly ever drink water. Only fruit juices and fizzy drinks (which are like 99% water anyway), and only about 1 litre a day.
4 litres is too much me thinks.

http://www.water.org.uk/home/water-for-health/medical-facts/adults#T2

3.7 litres. Bear in mind this includes water gained from food.
Reply 22
Hyponaetremia! :O I drink way too much water...I always drink at least 2 litres of water a day (normally more) and then nearly a litre of tea. The other day I think I drank 4 litres, in addition to a load of tea, and some OJ in the morning! I also eat loads of fruit and vegetables, so there's the water from them too.

I'm trying to cut down because I was getting headaches and generally feeling not too chipper, and had bad water retention (which you wouldn't think you'd get from too much water!?!).
See a doctor.
For example, being thirsty all the time and having headaches could be the start of a nasty virus... And it's also one of the main symptoms of diabetes.
Not to scare you though, when I was 15ish, I was going up to get three pint glasses of water, and ten mins later, I was up again, refilling them and going to the loo. Doc thought I was diabetic, actually, it was a weird virus. But then again, I was also really dizzy :/
Just a thought =)
Reply 24
i also drink a **** load of water, but not as much as you.i drink about 4-5 litres/day.
Reply 25
jazzyjelly
I drink tons of water

Yes.
I only drink a few sips of water a day plus maybe one cup of tea. Probably not very good for me :s-smilie:
badboy6969
OMG! Yes you do! You're why we have water shortages!

LMFAOO NOO

I dno but jus have 8 glasses a day :smile:
I drink about three litres a day & I still feel dehydrated. D:

Latest

Trending

Trending