The Student Room Group

Ate peanuts (accidentally) in allergic friend’s house!

I am staying at my friends house while he is on vacation. He has a severe deathly peanut allergy. I got myself some cereal and put it in one of his bowls and then ate it and immediately after I used his bong. I later realised the cereal has peanuts in it (I misread ingredients when I bought it). Obviously with the nature of using a bong I’m worried I’ve contaminated it. Will everything be ok as long as I thoroughly wash / clean the bong and the bowls I use and throw away the feral? He isn’t back for two weeks so any peanut in the air or anything will have a chance to dissipate. I’m pretty sure it’ll be fine but I get worried easily so any confirmation would be great!
You're best off asking him how he would want you to handle it.
Reply 2
Original post by 1582
You're best off asking him how he would want you to handle it.

The place he’s on vacation to has little to no wifi or service so I unfortunately can’t :/ that’s why I turned here otherwise I would have asked him first thing
Reply 3
Wash it the bowl with hot water and clean the room.
Tell him about it. Even if he'll be mad at you it is a responsible thing to do.
Original post by Anonymous
I am staying at my friends house while he is on vacation. He has a severe deathly peanut allergy. I got myself some cereal and put it in one of his bowls and then ate it and immediately after I used his bong. I later realised the cereal has peanuts in it (I misread ingredients when I bought it). Obviously with the nature of using a bong I’m worried I’ve contaminated it. Will everything be ok as long as I thoroughly wash / clean the bong and the bowls I use and throw away the feral? He isn’t back for two weeks so any peanut in the air or anything will have a chance to dissipate. I’m pretty sure it’ll be fine but I get worried easily so any confirmation would be great!

Clean the bowl with hot soapy water

Quick Reply

Latest