The Student Room Group

Official: Anglia Ruskin University A100 2023 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by abilaw
I just found out yesterday that if you’re from the east of England you get extra points and even more if you’re from Essex, so if you’re from either I’d say you’re safe as the UCAT cutoff was 2640 last year I think

unfortunately i live in yorkshire so :/, would you say its still worth applying?
Reply 41
Original post by jsalin18
unfortunately i live in yorkshire so :/, would you say its still worth applying?

Hi,

It depends of course there is always a risk but if you have 3 safe choices and are keen on ARU then it might be ok to have a riskier med uni?
Original post by Josh32
Hi,

It depends of course there is always a risk but if you have 3 safe choices and are keen on ARU then it might be ok to have a riskier med uni?

i have liverpool and plymouth as my safe choices , fingers crossed
Hey I am thinking of applying to ARU
My UCAT score: 2690 Band 2
Predicted grades: A* A* A
EPQ (pending): maybe A

GCSEs:
7 9s and 4 8s

Do you think I have a chance at getting an interview?
Reply 44
Original post by 21Medic55
Hey I am thinking of applying to ARU
My UCAT score: 2690 Band 2
Predicted grades: A* A* A
EPQ (pending): maybe A

GCSEs:
7 9s and 4 8s

Do you think I have a chance at getting an interview?

The main cut off was 2640 last year, 2610 for those in East of England and 2590 for Essex.
is aru risky for me? gcses meet their criteria, a levels predicted AAA with A* in epq, 2600 band 1 and i live in essex
Hiiii :redface: does Anglia Ruskin accept A- level resits ( I got a B in chem) and do they require an A*?
Hi im contextual due to care leaver etc,,, would they reduce the ucat cut off since im a care leaver ? Got 2600 B1
Original post by maple26
Hiiii :redface: does Anglia Ruskin accept A- level resits ( I got a B in chem) and do they require an A*?

I think they do accept resits. in your case (assuming you have achieved AAB currently) you just need an A in chem not A* but you can email them to double check
i have liverpool and plymouth as my safe choices , fingers crossed

do you think liverpools cutoff will be lower than aru? i have 2660b1 and im trying to decide between liverpool and aru
Original post by got99problems
do you think liverpools cutoff will be lower than aru? i have 2660b1 and im trying to decide between liverpool and aru

have a read through this : https://www.medentry.co.uk/universities/liverpool#:~:text=Medicine%20(A100)%20Requirements-,UCAT,Judgement%20will%20not%20be%20considered.
you'd be above the cut offs for previous years for both im pretty sure :_)))
Original post by techwiz12345
have a read through this : https://www.medentry.co.uk/universities/liverpool#:~:text=Medicine%20(A100)%20Requirements-,UCAT,Judgement%20will%20not%20be%20considered.
you'd be above the cut offs for previous years for both im pretty sure :_)))

thanks fr the info. where are you thinking of applying? i might go with kmms, keele, aru and liverpool. still considering sunderland tho.
I know the points cut off last year was 129 but how much was it the year before (2021)? Anyone know?
hi guys!
i meet all the minimum requirements for ARU and scored 2730 B1, is it a good idea to apply?

also do you know if they accept reapplicants?
Original post by got99problems

i really cant say, last year it was 2620 for liverpool and similiar for aru but apparently this year for liverpool they might just use ucat so im not too sure tbh, id look at both of them in detail and see which suits you better and apply there? where else are you applying
i really cant say, last year it was 2620 for liverpool and similiar for aru but apparently this year for liverpool they might just use ucat so im not too sure tbh, id look at both of them in detail and see which suits you better and apply there? where else are you applying

keele, kent and qmul as I have a decent ucas tariff and lots of volunteering. I would apply to plymouth but i didnt do bio a level. what are you thinking for your final choice? we have similar ucat so fingers crossed we both get an interview at aru
hi guys im not applying here but my friends is and she cant be bothered to make an account hahaha !! any point applying with 2600 here?
(edited 1 year ago)
hi guys im not applying here but my friends is and she cant be bothered to make an account hahaha !! any point applying with 2600 here?

if she’s from essex or the east of england yes because they lower the ucat threshold/add extra points for people who live in the ease of england and essex

ARU is historically one of the lowest UCAT-requiring med schools and the question is more "does she have any better options"?
Am i likely to get an interview 2720 B2? live in lincolnshire so i dont think I'll get the lower cutoff

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending