The Student Room Group

Official: Anglia Ruskin University A100 2023 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by techwiz12345
hi guys im not applying here but my friends is and she cant be bothered to make an account hahaha !! any point applying with 2600 here?

im applying with 2600 band 1 and i live in essex. their cut off last year was 2590 for essex applicants and like 2640 so its a bit risky icl but its close to me so i think its worth applying idrk
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Maaa123
Am i likely to get an interview 2720 B2? live in lincolnshire so i dont think I'll get the lower cutoff

last years cutoff was 2640, imo its worth applying
Hi I have a score if 2780 band 2. Does anyone know what the interview to offer ratio was last year?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by kk15405
last years cutoff was 2640, imo its worth applying

How hard was it to convert an interview into an offer? I assume it all depends on the interview score?
Original post by Maaa123
How hard was it to convert an interview into an offer? I assume it all depends on the interview score?

not too sure but you should be able to check online
Is it worth applying to ARU with UCAT of 2510 B1, A*A*A*A achieved? icl its either ARU or Plymouth, but plymouth is too far. Im trying to have a tie break atm between them.
Original post by PlaceboFD
Is it worth applying to ARU with UCAT of 2510 B1, A*A*A*A achieved? icl its either ARU or Plymouth, but plymouth is too far. Im trying to have a tie break atm between them.

I'm no expert but i think theres a ucat cut off ? Do correct me on this !! I think last year it was around 2620 and 2590 for applicants in the local area?
Reply 67
Original post by techwiz12345
I'm no expert but i think theres a ucat cut off ? Do correct me on this !! I think last year it was around 2620 and 2590 for applicants in the local area?

2640 for main applicants, 2610 for those in the 'east of England' (they have a map of accepted areas) and 2590 for Essex
Are interviews in person this year, and does anyone know what the interview to offer ratio is like?
Original post by Futuremedic1234
Are interviews in person this year, and does anyone know what the interview to offer ratio is like?

Not sure about the ratio but at the open day they said they’re in person
Original post by got99problems
keele, kent and qmul as I have a decent ucas tariff and lots of volunteering. I would apply to plymouth but i didnt do bio a level. what are you thinking for your final choice? we have similar ucat so fingers crossed we both get an interview at aru

im thinking of liverpool,plymouth,aru and maybe hyms
Hi, is it worth applying with A*AA achieved A levels and 2470 B1 in ucat. I live in the north west
i got 2660 and graduate too, where you applying?
Original post by Medic1214
Would applying as a graduate with 2700 UCAT score be risky do u think? I know it was 2710 last year…
Original post by donya.karimi
i got 2660 and graduate too, where you applying?

I’ve got 2630 as a graduate and idk if it’s risky applying here. We would’ve made the cut offs for previous years but last year was just so much higher than usual. Are you applying to ARU?
I realise its impossible to say for certain but what do you guys think the cut off will be this year? My UCAT is 2730, do you think that will be safe for an interview?
Also, what is the interview to offer ratio like?
Reply 75
I realise its impossible to say for certain but what do you guys think the cut off will be this year? My UCAT is 2730, do you think that will be safe for an interview?
Also, what is the interview to offer ratio like?

Depends which ucat cut off you fall under Essex-2590, East of England - 2610 and Rest - 2640. I think this year: 500 interviews I believe and 100 places but of course there is often more offers given than places.
Original post by Josh32
Depends which ucat cut off you fall under Essex-2590, East of England - 2610 and Rest - 2640. I think this year: 500 interviews I believe and 100 places but of course there is often more offers given than places.

I know what the cut offs were last year, just wondering how much they’re likely to rise by? Obviously last year they increased a lot but do you think they will stabilise this year or rise again?
Reply 77
I know what the cut offs were last year, just wondering how much they’re likely to rise by? Obviously last year they increased a lot but do you think they will stabilise this year or rise again?

Well no one can know or tell!
I put them as 2590 against your ucat would of course be safer than 2640, so depending on which cut off is applicable is how much leeway you have
At the end of the day only you can balance the 'risk' :smile:

(I'm applying with 2710 but am EoE)
Reply 78
I want to apply to ARU, grad applicant 1st class biomed, ucat 2860 b2 but I want to stay local to Kent Essex area to stay home. I've applied here twice before but was rejected pre-interview due to my lower ucat score, am I still allowed to apply?
Original post by anjx17
I want to apply to ARU, grad applicant 1st class biomed, ucat 2860 b2 but I want to stay local to Kent Essex area to stay home. I've applied here twice before but was rejected pre-interview due to my lower ucat score, am I still allowed to apply?

i think you should be fine but i’m not sure so maybe call the uni and check? Feel like it should be fine tho if they were pre interview rejections

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending