The Student Room Group

Notion vs Microsoft word/PowerPoint

I’m starting my a levels soon and i was wondering what is best for taking notes and revising from. I’m taking geo, English lit and economics (might switch geo with history). I just want to be as organised as possible and I have no idea what is most reliable. Also, for reference I have a MacBook so word it might be a bit more difficult in terms of organisation, but I’m not sure. Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 1
I would say notion !
It's a bit confusing to use at first but then you get used to it.
Plus it's very good in making your notes all aesthetic and pretty.

I'd say the only downside to it might be if the website / app shuts down one day.
So maybe try have a back-up of your notes somewhere else.
If you can the hang of it, I would use Notion. I don’t start using it until half way through my Masters degree and I don’t know how I survived my BSc without it. It takes some time to set it up, but it so worth it! There’s lots of tutorials on YouTube and Instagram etc but it doesn’t have to look pretty, it just needs to work for you!

That being said, if I have a content heavy lecture I still take notes in PowerPoint in the notes section underneath each slide so they match with the slide and then move them over to Notion after the lecture. That way I can focus on the content, and then do the prettying up later. I find that works really well, especially if you’re like me and try to take down everything that’s being said 😩

Quick Reply

Latest