The Student Room Group

notes

how do you make notes at university?
Original post by Anonymous #1
how do you make notes at university?

Making notes is a personal preference and depends on how you learn. It doesn't matter how you make notes so long as you make meaningful ones which you will understand when you come to revise - the better the notes, the less work to do when revising!

Some people use software like one note and upload the powerpoint slides and worksheets and then make notes around it which the lecturer has said or to rephrase parts of the slides.

Some people will use pen and paper and just make notes on the key points from the lecture and then add to it using the slides when they review the work.

Some people will use an ipad and write around / on the slides themselves.

During the lecture I like to use one note then I can have my slides and write around them. Then after the lecture, I will review the content and write on paper the key information and then keep them as my revision notes.

Hope this helps, Ella (Lancaster University Student Ambassador)
Hello,

My name is Haya and I am a final year medical student at UCLan.

It depends on your learning style.

Personally, I realised that I like to annotate the lecture PowerPoints and so I invested in an iPad and a pen and I would usually add the extra facts of information that the lecturer would mention.

Then I use a database like Notion to add a summary of my notes with all the slide information and the annotated notes.

If you're an audio learner, you can listen to the lecture recordings and annotate the notes.

This is a helpful quiz to learn about the different learning styles. http://www.educationplanner.org/students/self-assessments/learning-styles-quiz.shtml

What method do you think you will use?

Best wishes,
Haya

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending