The Student Room Group

Laptop

Will a macbook be fine for a accounting and finance degree
Original post by blobfishhhhhhh

Hi!

Yes, I would think so, I've used a Macbook for my maths degree and had no problems! As long as you have access to things like Excel, Word etc you should be completely fine! There may be some specific software you need as part of your degree - if this isn't compatible with your laptop you should be able to access it through your university computers.

Hope this helps!
Florence (Lancaster University student ambassador)
Hello!
I'm one of the student ambassadors here at Coventry University
Although I do not student a mathematic based degree, I do find that my MacBook runs like a dream.
I study Psychology and we have statistic bases modules and my MacBook copes just fine with it. Not only that, I feel as though MacBooks run faster and smoother when it comes to carrying out research and doing assignments, not only that but they are easier to carry around and have a decent battery life, too!
Overall I would recommend using a MacBook, I've had no problems with mine or know of anyone who has.
Again, as stated above, just ensure that the MacBook that you do get is able to run Word, excel, powerpoint etc!
Kind regards,
Courtney H

Hey there @blobfishhhhhhh !

To be honest any laptop that you can take notes on, can access Microsoft 365 and has a fair amount of storage will do for a laptop for uni. I use a Macbook and have never had any problems with it but I paid extra for extra storage as I knew i may need it over the course of the 4 year degree. That's because my degree is practical though, you'd definitely be fine with a Macbook.

Hope this helped!
Lucy - Digital Student Ambassador SHU

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending