The Student Room Group

Work experience for Science research- Studying Biomedical Sciences

Hello lovely people,
I am in Year 11 and am looking for any work experience to become a scientist focusing on Biomedical...Any advices are helpful...
So I have no idea where I can apply...I found many places for healthcare work experience but I guess I need something more lab related...Please help!
Thank you!!!!
You dont need 'work experience' for a Biomed degree.
You can try hopsitals, surgeries or pharmacies - but if that doesnt work, just get something you will enjoy doing, even its not directly relevant to Biomed.
If your in the east mids theres a place called Bio City in Nottingham. My daughter did a work experience there and it was in bio chem.
https://www.studentladder.co.uk/job/gsk-work-experience-placements-in-rd-it-and-lab-based/ brentford, harlow and essex. Perhaps somewhere like boots maybe?
Reply 3
Original post by Ghostlady
If your in the east mids theres a place called Bio City in Nottingham. My daughter did a work experience there and it was in bio chem.
https://www.studentladder.co.uk/job/gsk-work-experience-placements-in-rd-it-and-lab-based/ brentford, harlow and essex. Perhaps somewhere like boots maybe?

do bio city offer work experience for year 10?
Reply 4

do biocity offer work experiene for year 10
Reply 5
Original post by bingbongif
do bio city offer work experience for year 10?

Not sure about a year 10. She was in year 12 when she did it. Still worth getting in contact in case they do for a year 10 student :smile:
Reply 6
Not sure about a year 10. She was in year 12 when she did it. Still worth getting in contact in case they do for a year 10 student :smile:

oh ok thankyou ive enailed two of the companies who are based in biocity, which one specifcally did your daughter do?
Reply 7
Original post by bingbongif
oh ok thankyou ive enailed two of the companies who are based in biocity, which one specifcally did your daughter do?

Sorry I cant remember the name. It was organised by an aquaintance who was also a member of the astronomical society in nottingham who we used to chat to and he sorted it for us. He now works in Cambridge so im not sure who it was with, but it was more with the Chemistry side than the bio.You have done the right thing by mailing them both :smile:
Reply 8
Sorry I cant remember the name. It was organised by an aquaintance who was also a member of the astronomical society in nottingham who we used to chat to and he sorted it for us. He now works in Cambridge so im not sure who it was with, but it was more with the Chemistry side than the bio.You have done the right thing by mailing them both :smile:

Ok thankyou so much for your help I appreciate it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending