The Student Room Group

Job interview at Gregg's

Hey guys so iv got a job interview at Gregg's next wed and I just want to know whether anyone on here has had an interview with them before? and can tell me what it's like? and what questions they will ask me? Also do I need to dress up for it like wear a shirt, trousers and smart shoes??
Reply 1
Hi, I haven't had an interview with them, but if it helps I would be ready for questions like;

Tell me about yourself?

What do you know about Greggs? Greggs is the largest pastry chain in the United Kingdom. They serve breakfast until 11 a.m.
As of 2021, there are over 2,000 Greggs in the UK. They are listed on the London Stock Exchange. Greggs was first opened in 1951. Greggs best selling item is the sausage roll.

Why do you want to work for Greggs? i.e State you would also be proud to work for a company that gives so much back to the community. Through the Greggs Foundation. Greggs Foundation has distributed millions to community and charity organisations across the UK.
or something like you would be proud to work for a company that donates as much unsold food to charity as possible, including soup kitchens, food banks, and shelters for the homeless and vulnerable.

Know some questions on customer service i.e. How would you deal with an awkward customer? they want to know that you will remain calm, try to be helpful and if this fails that you recognize when you need to raise it to a supervisor. i.e. Listen and let the customer vent. Show the customer you care.
Don’t blame the customer or the company. Try to solve the problem or find someone who can. Don’t make promises you can’t keep. Finally, it is important not to take it personally. If you get upset you will take it on future customers.

Why is customer Service important? Great customer service can increase customer loyalty, Grow the amount of money each customer spends per visit
Increase how often a customer buys from you, Generate positive word-of-mouth about your business

Can you give an example of a time when you've had to work as part of a team to solve a problem or get a job done? These can be basic examples i.e. you wanted to arrange a surprise party, but you knew that to get everything in place and done on time, that you would need help, so you called on your friends to split down tasks...... end result was that the surprise party was successful.

In terms of what to wear, I would suggest casual smart. i.e. There's no need for a suit and tie, but likewise, you don't want to turn up in a hoodie, shorts and trainers. You want to give a good impression and show you care about this job, you care enough to make the effort. I think a shirt, trousers and shoes as you have suggested is a good shout.

Good luck! you've got this!
Reply 2
Original post by 4CS
Hi, I haven't had an interview with them, but if it helps I would be ready for questions like;

Tell me about yourself?

What do you know about Greggs? Greggs is the largest pastry chain in the United Kingdom. They serve breakfast until 11 a.m.
As of 2021, there are over 2,000 Greggs in the UK. They are listed on the London Stock Exchange. Greggs was first opened in 1951. Greggs best selling item is the sausage roll.

Why do you want to work for Greggs? i.e State you would also be proud to work for a company that gives so much back to the community. Through the Greggs Foundation. Greggs Foundation has distributed millions to community and charity organisations across the UK.
or something like you would be proud to work for a company that donates as much unsold food to charity as possible, including soup kitchens, food banks, and shelters for the homeless and vulnerable.

Know some questions on customer service i.e. How would you deal with an awkward customer? they want to know that you will remain calm, try to be helpful and if this fails that you recognize when you need to raise it to a supervisor. i.e. Listen and let the customer vent. Show the customer you care.
Don’t blame the customer or the company. Try to solve the problem or find someone who can. Don’t make promises you can’t keep. Finally, it is important not to take it personally. If you get upset you will take it on future customers.

Why is customer Service important? Great customer service can increase customer loyalty, Grow the amount of money each customer spends per visit
Increase how often a customer buys from you, Generate positive word-of-mouth about your business

Can you give an example of a time when you've had to work as part of a team to solve a problem or get a job done? These can be basic examples i.e. you wanted to arrange a surprise party, but you knew that to get everything in place and done on time, that you would need help, so you called on your friends to split down tasks...... end result was that the surprise party was successful.

In terms of what to wear, I would suggest casual smart. i.e. There's no need for a suit and tie, but likewise, you don't want to turn up in a hoodie, shorts and trainers. You want to give a good impression and show you care about this job, you care enough to make the effort. I think a shirt, trousers and shoes as you have suggested is a good shout.

Good luck! you've got this!

i have an interview next week this help so much thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending