The Student Room Group

Will I get fired?

Hi - I work at Greggs and I want to get my eyebrow pierced really badly but there is a strict no-jewellery policy. Will they just put me on a temporary work ban, fire me or ask me to put a retainer in? Please help!!

(One of my coworkers has an industrial piercing and no-one has ever batted an eye about that...)
Reply 1
If there is a strict and communicated policy it is likely they will ask you to remove it if you want to continue working there. It’s pretty standard requirement for food handlers not to have visible jewellery as from time to time this does end up in food. You could try asking your colleague how he gets away with it. Personally I think it’s a bonkers thing to do, but that’s another matter
Reply 2
Original post by coolboy420
Hi - I work at Greggs and I want to get my eyebrow pierced really badly but there is a strict no-jewellery policy. Will they just put me on a temporary work ban, fire me or ask me to put a retainer in? Please help!!

(One of my coworkers has an industrial piercing and no-one has ever batted an eye about that...)

I think getting your eyebrow "pierced really badly" is risky and not sure why you would want a bodge job. If i were you id get someone to do it properly, otherwise it might raise a few eyebrows.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending