The Student Room Group
Reply 1
You may do some research on individual school website of these universities before making the choice. If it is the league table you are concerned about, Essex is higher than Portsmouth in both subject and general ranking.
I am a year one student at Essex and I can say that so far I enjoy the beautiful campus, great facilities and the friendly atmosphere there. The course design is one I like; permitting students to take one optional module outside department, hence widening our exposure a bit. As I do not study English, I have no comment about the course.
I had similar situation like you and so I did quite a bit of searching before I made my firm choice.
Reply 2
I wonder why the thread doesn't receive response from the institutes as others do.
I don't know anything about UCLAN or Porstmouth(other than the football team:smile: )
I know Essex a bit as I have been there with my friend who is currently a student there. A decent university with a beautiful surrounding and sufficient facilities for learning and accommodation.
If the post starter is still here, I suggest you visit these places before making a decision, if you afford the time and money.

Latest

Trending

Trending