The Student Room Group

Psychology part time second degree funding

Hi

I had called SFE yesterday and was told psychology as a part time second degree is not eligible for funding. However i am seeing conflicting information online.
I have a degree in Business and currently doing a Masters course but considering withdrawing. I am interested in studying with Arden University. I am yet to apply for the course however i am aware they have intakes in June and September. It says online the course is between 3-9 years i think it dependant on whether it is full time or part time.

I have also been looking at the university of wolverhampton -start date is september 2023 - course code c800 it is part time and takes 6 years to complete the course. Or BCU again part time with the same start date: https://www.bcu.ac.uk/courses/psychology-bsc-hons-2023-24#course_in_depth

Can you advise of whether i would receive funding for either of these courses?
Original post by exemplarmind
Hi

I had called SFE yesterday and was told psychology as a part time second degree is not eligible for funding. However i am seeing conflicting information online.
I have a degree in Business and currently doing a Masters course but considering withdrawing. I am interested in studying with Arden University. I am yet to apply for the course however i am aware they have intakes in June and September. It says online the course is between 3-9 years i think it dependant on whether it is full time or part time.

I have also been looking at the university of wolverhampton -start date is september 2023 - course code c800 it is part time and takes 6 years to complete the course. Or BCU again part time with the same start date: https://www.bcu.ac.uk/courses/psychology-bsc-hons-2023-24#course_in_depth

Can you advise of whether i would receive funding for either of these courses?

Hi there, These course should be eligible part time however in order for the team to review your eligibility and to confirm this you would need to submit an application for the university and course you are looking to apply for.

Our part time applications are open now so we would advise to submit an application for the team to review as soon as possible. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending