The Student Room Group

Immerse education 2023 essay comp- anyone going to enter?

The winners get an 100% paid scholarship to Oxbridge, however for most people its 10-30% and still costs 5k. Anyone thinking of entering?
Reply 1
i've entered, spent like a few days on the essay, honestly not really expecting anything but it was kinda fun researching + exploring my chosen subject
Reply 2
I got my results today, 30% which I'm obviously happy about because its way better than nothing and I can say that I actually won something for once lol. Plus, I personally think my essay was really good but I know I wasn't gonna get the 100% scholarship. I can't afford it so not going to go but hey its something. I explained to my mum what it is and she got so excited haha, I didn't want to tell her its a scam
Original post by SJ1236
I got my results today, 30% which I'm obviously happy about because its way better than nothing and I can say that I actually won something for once lol. Plus, I personally think my essay was really good but I know I wasn't gonna get the 100% scholarship. I can't afford it so not going to go but hey its something. I explained to my mum what it is and she got so excited haha, I didn't want to tell her its a scam

What subject did you do it in?
Also, I'd recommend checking out some other essay competitions ran by universities as opposed to companies. Oxbridge colleges have some really great essay competitions for example.
Original post by SJ1236
The winners get an 100% paid scholarship to Oxbridge, however for most people its 10-30% and still costs 5k. Anyone thinking of entering?

I recieved a 50% scholarship but dont know if its worth it :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by itsbhere
I recieved a 50% scholarship but dont know if its worth it :smile:

same, got a 50% aswell
Reply 6
I did it in creative writing. Oh yeah that's a good idea, I'll check some out. Thanks for the recommendation.
Original post by poppy2022
What subject did you do it in?
Also, I'd recommend checking out some other essay competitions ran by universities as opposed to companies. Oxbridge colleges have some really great essay competitions for example.
Reply 7
Original post by SJ1236

In my opinion, it doesn't hurt to have a go at it even if you're doubting yourself! It's a good opportunity to showcase your knowledge, and develop your essay-writing skills :smile: The competition is free to enter as well, so all that it takes is your time and effort, but if you're willing to devote yourself to that, you have nothing to lose!
Original post by SJ1236

I think you should try to go!
It's an amazing experience and you will get to know a lot of new people with the same interests as you. Besides, the program is 100% safe and a great opportunity for learning.
Reply 9
Do you have some recommendations regarding other good essay competitions, I'm looking for ones right now but I can't find much...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending