The Student Room Group

Woolf Essay Prize 2023

Did anyone enter the Woolf essay competition for Newnham College this year? If so, how did you find it? Does anyone know when we can expect to hear about the results? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I entered it! It doesn’t say when we are going to hear back sadly, should be around September time I think
Reply 2
Exciting! Which question did you pick? I did the first one about female contribution to professions and I focused on women in law!

Original post by Eliza.A
I entered it! It doesn’t say when we are going to hear back sadly, should be around September time I think
Reply 3
I also chose the first one! I focused on women in literature, historical leaders and current women in stem!
Reply 4
Sounds like the timelines have changed from last year. My daughter got a call end of May about her award and they had the prize giving at the college in the July. Good luck!
Reply 5
Original post by NWGroupie
Sounds like the timelines have changed from last year. My daughter got a call end of May about her award and they had the prize giving at the college in the July. Good luck!

Wow that’s fantastic well done to your daughter! This year we had to submit by mid July so should find out the results in September hopefully
Reply 6
Original post by NWGroupie

Wow, that's amazing! I saw that your daughter has an offer from Newnham, may I ask for which subject?
Reply 7
As there are so few for each college for each subject it is best I don’t say but you can probably take an educated guess and be right!
Reply 8
I entered it! I did Q3 and focussed on the role of both European and African men in the subjugation of women during the Scramble for Africa :smile:

I have no clue when we find out the results, but September sounds like a good shout!
Has anyone heard back yet?
Original post by cantbeleftblank_
Has anyone heard back yet?

No, hopefully we will sometime soon :frown:
Nope but if it helps I went to a Newnham access event and the organiser confirmed that she was marking the essays- this was around August 7 (?) though
did anyone get a confirmation email or something similar? just having a little panic because i can't find anything in my inboxes from july haha
Original post by iwishyouwould
did anyone get a confirmation email or something similar? just having a little panic because i can't find anything in my inboxes from july haha

No, I didn't get anything either
Reply 14
Original post by iwishyouwould

I didn't get anything either. I might call them later today just to confirm if results have been sent out :smile:
Original post by YemYem3
I didn't get anything either. I might call them later today just to confirm if results have been sent out :smile:

Can you keep us updated?
Reply 16
I also haven’t received any news
Reply 17
Did I imagine it or did they say we were going to get feedback? July seems so long ago now and I can’t remember…
Reply 18
Original post by Anonymous
Can you keep us updated?

I called today and they said that they’re currently finalising the top 10% of entries to then pass onto the judges and so they hope to get results out by the end of the month :smile:
Reply 19
I just got given an email saying results are gonna be send at 5pm on Friday 29th September--did you guys recieve it too?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending