The Student Room Group

Timing of Three A-levels for High School Diploma Equivalency

I am writing to clarify the timing of completing three A-level qualifications and their equivalency to a high school diploma, both in the UK and Canada.

I have completed two A-levels:

Psychology 9990 - June 2022
Sociology 9699 - June 2023

I plan to take the third A-level, English Language, in June 2024.

I kindly request guidance on whether this timeline for completing three A-levels, including English Language in June 2024, is considered equivalent to a high school diploma in the UK, despite the extended duration.

Additionally, what if i took 2 more A levels, would it compensate the extended time of 1 additional year?
Reply 1
We dont 'do' High School Diplomas in the UK. It simply doesnt exist.

Some top Unis might not be okay with your 3 A levels spread over more than 2 years so check with each Uni before you apply.
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
We dont 'do' High School Diplomas in the UK. It simply doesnt exist.

Some top Unis might not be okay with your 3 A levels spread over more than 2 years so check with each Uni before you apply.

well the purpose is basically to apply for WES world Assessment Services Canada for immigration i forgot to mention that i have an IGCSE in Business Studies but in 2019 that one, I would just like to know if WES accepts it as equivalent to a Canadian high school.
Reply 3
Original post by raffiuuiiii
I would just like to know if WES accepts it as equivalent to a Canadian high school.

Then ask ....them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending