The Student Room Group

A-level English Language and Literature Study Group 2022-2023

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by sebmilm123
anyone do the great gatsby and a raisin in the sun for paper 2? predictions for the question? and any predictions on what the unseen text will be based on? edexcel. thanks 🙏

I do Great Gatsby , ummmm it could be journey's apparently
Reply 81
Original post by Luc1dRats
Yeah! I'm doing both, have no predictions though I really hope the question isn't character based. Again, I imagine the unseen will be contextual in some way. I hope the form is good though.

what do you reckon the unseen text?
Reply 82
Original post by bee9782
I do Great Gatsby , ummmm it could be journey's apparently

oh god i hope not lol that was the paper in 2021 though so maybe not? i guess you’d do gatsby journey from humble beginnings to rich etc and unable to obtain daisy in his pursuits - what else woikd you do
anyone doing OCR have any predictions for the writing as a reader, reading as a writer paper?
Reply 84
how did you guys feel about the paper? Personally i absolutely loved it
Original post by sunflower49
I do The Great Gatsby, Othello, Blake poetry
How do you revise OCR. I'm so lost and literally have no clue what I'm doing
Reply 86
Original post by Evil Homer
Keeping this space for a list of resources or study tools that are recommended in this thread:

Thank for creating the thread.

A nice tool for practicing for English Lit and English Language here: https://www.tilf.io

The way it works is simple: you add in the question, select the mark scheme and start typing your answer and it gives you feedback on what to improve and the grade based on the exam board you chose. Then you just keep improving the essay until you get the grade you want.

It works with AQA and other exam boards + it works on all questions for macbeth, inspector calls .. Hope that helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending