The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
yodude888
A lot of it seems to be not too bad, but then in the Ordinary Differential Equations they randomly put some Partial Differential Equations in to complicate things, even though it's not at all relevant to the questions posed! Thats probably what you're referring to, right?

Yes that's what i'm referring to.
I'll say maybe, but I'm not sure on the date yet -- it could be either the 8th, 9th or 10th.
Reply 22
Hashshashin
I've been working through chapters of the book King's asked maths applicants to get hold of, and also learning M4. I should probably get back into doing STEP questions as well...

what book is this?
I've got one on the 8th of December. Only there for the morning though.
Reply 25

thanks. looks quite comprehensive. dont think ill have a huge amount of time to get through it all before the interview if i bought it.

was it very useful? how did you find it?
nathan00
thanks. looks quite comprehensive. dont think ill have a huge amount of time to get through it all before the interview if i bought it.

was it very useful? how did you find it?

As far as new material is concerned I've only really looked at Differentiation/Integration from first principles, and tests for the convergence of infinite series. I've found the explanations generally good though, and the exercises are generally more challenging than anything out of an A level textbook!
Reply 27
Hashshashin
As far as new material is concerned I've only really looked at Differentiation/Integration from first principles, and tests for the convergence of infinite series. I've found the explanations generally good though, and the exercises are generally more challenging than anything out of an A level textbook!

it looks quite interesting. i might get it at some point. would you recommend it?
nathan00
it looks quite interesting. i might get it at some point. would you recommend it?

If you're interested in mathematical methods beyond A level, yes. It's supposed to be for Cambridge natural scientists though, so it's probably not as 'pure' or 'rigorous' as other first year textbooks.
Reply 29
just to let the OP know, my date may change. dunno if you read my comment in the interview chat thread, but christ's mailed me today saying it was very likely it would pushed into early december....
Reply 30
It seems like by posting your date etc and subject/college u are almost identifying yourself. Be careful people.
Reply 31
Hashshashin
If you're interested in mathematical methods beyond A level, yes. It's supposed to be for Cambridge natural scientists though, so it's probably not as 'pure' or 'rigorous' as other first year textbooks.

i see. thank you very much. i think i will buy it some time in the near future.
Reply 32
Economist1
I've got one on the 8th of December. Only there for the morning though.

Ohh. Mine is on the 8th as well. :biggrin:
Reply 33
Hey guys, looks like I'll be there 8th through the 10th and possibly the 11th

College: Selwyn
Course: Natsci

:biggrin:
You lot are playing a dangerous game, some of you will have different interview dates for the same subject, share information and therefore have an unfair advantage (as you all well know). You are also giving away your information e.g. subject, college etc.
Reply 35
Just a small hint: if you don't get on well with people at a TSR meet it can be conducive to high levels of stress. If you do get on well with folk on the other hand, you'll probably end up completely rat-arsed. Either way, a TSR meet is not a good idea straight before an interview.
Reply 36
foxo
Just a small hint: if you don't get on well with people at a TSR meet it can be conducive to high levels of stress. If you do get on well with folk on the other hand, you'll probably end up completely rat-arsed. Either way, a TSR meet is not a good idea straight before an interview.

but after the interviewing is over?
Reply 37
I'd be up for a meet, my interview's on the 10th and I'll be there on the 9th too :smile:

(Its maths at caius btw)
I'll come :smile: I'm around on the 10th/11th and morning of the 12th. Thats for NatSci at Magdalene :smile:
I may come to calm nerves/show you around Cambridge if you don't mind an old-timer gatecrashing.

Latest

Trending

Trending