The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary university of london

I submitted my application two weeks ago and I don’t hear back anything from them.

I think my personal statement is okay but I predicted grade(DMM) is not meet the entry requirement(DDD). Queen Mary is my dream school. Do I have any chance?
Original post by JJames0001
I submitted my application two weeks ago and I don’t hear back anything from them.

I think my personal statement is okay but I predicted grade(DMM) is not meet the entry requirement(DDD). Queen Mary is my dream school. Do I have any chance?

Your predicted grades are two whole grades below the standard entry requirements. That's not ideal. For which course is this? (For highly over-subscribed courses that's likely to be much more of an issue then it might be for some other courses.)

Two weeks is not very long at all to wait, especially when you consider that they have until 18 May to make decisions. (Although they will likely make them much sooner than that.)

To where else have you applied? Have any of those responded yet?
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
Your predicted grades are two whole grades below the standard entry requirements. That's not ideal. For which course is this? (For highly over-subscribed courses that's likely to be much more of an issue then it might be for some other courses.)

Two weeks is not very long at all to wait, especially when you consider that they have until 18 May to make decisions. (Although they will likely make them much sooner than that.)

I applied for accounting and finance, I got two offers from another universities, the reason why I got offers from them because I met the entry requirement they want (which is DMM)

I give up. ’I do not think they will consider my application.

can you help me (advice)
I applied for accounting and finance, I got two offers from another universities, the reason why I got offers from them because I met the entry requirement they want (which is DMM)

I give up. ’I do not think they will consider my application.

can you help me (advice)

It's great that you've got offers from elsewhere. Well done.

With regards to Queen Mary, for Accounting and Finance they request AAA at A level. However, UniGuide reveals that grades achieved are typically ABB. I would say that this should give you some hope.

One other thing which might help is if you are eligible for a contextual offer. See here for further details and eligibility criteria.

By the way, I note from this page that whilst they will consider all BTECs for their Accounting and Finance degree, they say "Please contact the Business and Management Admissions team for details of specific unit requirements." Have you done that?

Finally, note that the same page also says, "Grade 7 in GCSE Mathematics also required." Do you meet that requirement?
Reply 4
Broken hope.

I just passed GCSE English which mean I had not meet that entry requirement.

Can you just tell me what can I do right now? Thank you a lot
(edited 1 year ago)
Broken hope.

I just passed GCSE English which mean I had not meet that entry requirement.

Can you just tell me what can I do right now? Thank you a lot

Are you saying that the only GCSE you have, of any grade, is English? So you don't have GCSE Maths at all? If that's the case, then Queen Mary is clearly out. In hindsight, it would have been wise to check that your GCSEs met the entry requirements before applying.

Earlier you said that you have "two offers from another universities". Do those offers have any GCSE conditions attached? Or are they only BTEC conditions? If those universities are happy with your GCSE grades, then I'd focus on which of these you'd prefer to attend (plus any others which you've still to hear from).
Reply 6
Are you saying that the only GCSE you have, of any grade, is English? So you don't have GCSE Maths at all? If that's the case, then Queen Mary is clearly out. In hindsight, it would have been wise to check that your GCSEs met the entry requirements before applying.

Earlier you said that you have "two offers from another universities". Do those offers have any GCSE conditions attached? Or are they only BTEC conditions? If those universities are happy with your GCSE grades, then I'd focus on which of these you'd prefer to attend (plus any others which you've still to hear from).

I have passed my English and Maths(which is 4).
(edited 1 year ago)
I have passed English and Maths(which is 4).

They need a 7 in Maths so I suspect you’ll be rejected once they process your application.
Reply 8
Original post by Admit-One
They need a 7 in Maths so I suspect you’ll be rejected once they process your application.

Is there any way to remedy this?
thank you
(edited 1 year ago)
Is there any way to remedy this?
thank you

Unless you had a GCSE Maths retake listed on your application, no
Thank you
(edited 1 year ago)

I need to make a decision between QMUL and University of Sheffield for MSC in ACCOUNTING and FINANCE September 2023, considering the internship opportunities, spring weeks and job prospects after graduating, please help!!!
Reply 12
Original post by kash7781
I need to make a decision between QMUL and University of Sheffield for MSC in ACCOUNTING and FINANCE September 2023, considering the internship opportunities, spring weeks and job prospects after graduating, please help!!!

if you want opportunities, go QMUL because of the london campus.
There are a lot more opportunities in London than there is in Sheffield.
But thats just my take on it.
Original post by Isa_04
if you want opportunities, go QMUL because of the london campus. There are a lot more opportunities in London than there is in Sheffield. But thats just my take on it.
Hi im in a similar situation , i have offers from Queens maryUniversity of bathUniversity of Bristol University of Glasgow University of Liverpool And university of St Andrews Which one you think is best for MSc finance in terms of quality of education and career opportunities.
Original post by Alphabita
Hi im in a similar situation , i have offers from Queens maryUniversity of bathUniversity of Bristol University of Glasgow University of Liverpool And university of St Andrews Which one you think is best for MSc finance in terms of quality of education and career opportunities.

If you want the best quality education then I would go with either st andrews or University of Bath.
Even though they are outside of London they rank in the top 10 in the country. For education go for St andrews or Bath and try to get internships but if your focused on opportunities then all the opportunities are in london meaning you may want to consider queen mary.
Also queen mary is a russell group university meaning you can get a good quality education as well as have lots of opportunities due to London and prestige if you care about prestige.
Original post by Anonymous
If you want the best quality education then I would go with either st andrews or University of Bath.
Even though they are outside of London they rank in the top 10 in the country. For education go for St andrews or Bath and try to get internships but if your focused on opportunities then all the opportunities are in london meaning you may want to consider queen mary.
Also queen mary is a russell group university meaning you can get a good quality education as well as have lots of opportunities due to London and prestige if you care about prestige.

Thank you so much for the reply, as I’m an international student my focus is on good education, prestige and as well as good career opportunities as i am thinking to do job there Atleast for 2 years. I know London is the financial hub and has alot of opportunities, but i can also come there for job after my Masters in any prestige university then what you will suggest me in the above options?
Original post by kash7781

Did you decide i am in a similar situation and have no idea what to do which one os better for jobs and internships?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending