The Student Room Group

Physician Associate MSc 2023

Hi, I have been wanting to become a PA for a long time now and after doing 5 years at uni and passing the interview I was given a place at UCLAN Sept 2022. I was delighted to say the least! Unfortunately I had to decline the place due to financial reasons and decided to apply again this year. Im finding it very difficult to understand the financial situation of those studying this course. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to get a postgrad loan for tuition fees for both years? And do PA’s get paid for their 40hr a week placements? I really don’t know I can let my dreams slip away solely on a monetary barrier!! I have a PA conference on the 20th of Jan and hoping to find out more about registration/HEE funding ect then but if anyone can give me advice on this, I would appreciate it so much!
Lots of love, Naomi
Original post by naomi.dunleavy
Hi, I have been wanting to become a PA for a long time now and after doing 5 years at uni and passing the interview I was given a place at UCLAN Sept 2022. I was delighted to say the least! Unfortunately I had to decline the place due to financial reasons and decided to apply again this year. Im finding it very difficult to understand the financial situation of those studying this course. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to get a postgrad loan for tuition fees for both years? And do PA’s get paid for their 40hr a week placements? I really don’t know I can let my dreams slip away solely on a monetary barrier!! I have a PA conference on the 20th of Jan and hoping to find out more about registration/HEE funding ect then but if anyone can give me advice on this, I would appreciate it so much!
Lots of love, Naomi

Hi Naomi, I think we’re given around £11k for both years postgrad loan which will cover tuition fees for one year only unfortunately. Unis in Wales do offer free tuition for both years but you’ll have to work for 18 months in Wales post completion of course. I don’t think we’re paid for the placements because they consider that as experience gained for us so unfortunately no payment. Hope this helped answer your queries.

Quick Reply

Latest