The Student Room Group

absent a level teacher, potentially missing uni grade

hello

my predicted grades for a levels were A*AB and I applied to English lit at Cardiff uni and got a lowered entry offer of BBC. however I'm definitely not getting my predicted grades but I'm hoping for an A in politics, a B in English and obviously I need a C in rs. however I basically go to a school that's recently been rated inadequate by ofsted and whilst my teachers were incredible fot politics and English, my rs teacher in year 12 got paid to have a rotation of 3 uni students in yo get teaching experience and didn't teach any of the year herself. and as for year 13 she was off for 2 and a half months completely fot a health related thing which I understand but when she did come in she would either not turn up fot lesson completely and repeatedly as she 'got mixed up' and when she did she was never less than 15 mins late and repeatedly left the classroom to do printing as she never had PowerPoints or lesson material ready fot yhe lesson we were in. Having completed English and politics exams so far I feel confident however my first 2 rs exams have been so difficult as it was largely self taught content. tomorrow is paper 3 and I'm dreading I won't eceb be able to get a c in the subject. My school aren't very gooat this kind of thing but do you yhinkbits worth speaking to someone as I worry i will miss the rs grade and not get into cardiff despite my other 2 grades being high. My friends say that I should raise it as a problem as obviously we've mot rally had a teacher, content for tomorrow's paper has not been completely covered and also to worsen the situation I have a learning difficulty which makes teaching myself 100 x harder. We only have 3 people in the class and the school haven't done anything yo help us but it is badly run but does anyone know what i could do about this because it just doesn't frel very fair?
Original post by Sophiemall2k
hello

my predicted grades for a levels were A*AB and I applied to English lit at Cardiff uni and got a lowered entry offer of BBC. however I'm definitely not getting my predicted grades but I'm hoping for an A in politics, a B in English and obviously I need a C in rs. however I basically go to a school that's recently been rated inadequate by ofsted and whilst my teachers were incredible fot politics and English, my rs teacher in year 12 got paid to have a rotation of 3 uni students in yo get teaching experience and didn't teach any of the year herself. and as for year 13 she was off for 2 and a half months completely fot a health related thing which I understand but when she did come in she would either not turn up fot lesson completely and repeatedly as she 'got mixed up' and when she did she was never less than 15 mins late and repeatedly left the classroom to do printing as she never had PowerPoints or lesson material ready fot yhe lesson we were in. Having completed English and politics exams so far I feel confident however my first 2 rs exams have been so difficult as it was largely self taught content. tomorrow is paper 3 and I'm dreading I won't eceb be able to get a c in the subject. My school aren't very gooat this kind of thing but do you yhinkbits worth speaking to someone as I worry i will miss the rs grade and not get into cardiff despite my other 2 grades being high. My friends say that I should raise it as a problem as obviously we've mot rally had a teacher, content for tomorrow's paper has not been completely covered and also to worsen the situation I have a learning difficulty which makes teaching myself 100 x harder. We only have 3 people in the class and the school haven't done anything yo help us but it is badly run but does anyone know what i could do about this because it just doesn't frel very fair?

hey, do you do OCR RS? if so I can run you through the course real quick.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by oxfordthrowaway
hey, do you do OCR RS? if so I can run you through the course real quick.

hello thank you for your reply

yes I do ocr rs and I just have the buddhism paper left to do tomorrow

thank you for your help
hello thank you for your reply

yes I do ocr rs and I just have the buddhism paper left to do tomorrow

thank you for your help

ah im sorry I do christianity so I cant help you with content but hows your essay writing like? like what structure do you follow and how many paragraphs do you do?
Reply 4
Original post by oxfordthrowaway
ah im sorry I do christianity so I cant help you with content but hows your essay writing like? like what structure do you follow and how many paragraphs do you do?

that's okay no worries,I have good essay structure because I do all 3 essay subjects it's moreso just the content and evaluation because there are no revision resources online for buddhism and my teacher said there's no buddhism textbook for our spec yer so we're using another board textbook as our only resource x
Reply 5
hello

Ask your school to write to your firm and explain this.

I had no teacher for two terms in Year 13 ...
Reply 6
My friends say that I should raise it as a problem as obviously we've mot rally had a teacher, content for tomorrow's paper has not been completely covered and also to worsen the situation I have a learning difficulty which makes teaching myself 100 x harder. We only have 3 people in the class and the school haven't done anything yo help us but it is badly run but does anyone know what i could do about this because it just doesn't frel very fair?

Talk to your Head of Sixth tomorrow about the school formally notifying both the exam boards and both your F&I.
'Syllabus not taught' is an obvious mitigating circumstance for Unis to be aware of - but they need to be told by the school.
If the school wont do anything - get your parents involved as soon as possible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending