The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottigham accomodation booking

I'm trying to create my account for booking accommodation tomorrow. I confirmed it as my first choice more than two days ago but when I enter the username it has given me, it says "not recognized."
Reply 1
Hey, so I emailed a while ago about accommodation and they told me they won't open accommodation applications until the 17th of April so that may be why its not working yet.
Original post by n0lan
I'm trying to create my account for booking accommodation tomorrow. I confirmed it as my first choice more than two days ago but when I enter the username it has given me, it says "not recognized."
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by n0lan

You have to wait 48 hours after you’ve firmed Nottingham for it to work and even then applications don’t open till the 17th
Can anyone explain how the accom application works please? I just firmed Nottingham on Tuesday and haven’t received any emails about a username - is it just the one you set up for the hub?
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Can anyone explain how the accom application works please? I just firmed Nottingham on Tuesday and haven’t received any emails about a username - is it just the one you set up for the hub?

So there's a separate thing than the portal you go on for Nottingham accommodation that you make an account on, or alternatively you can just email Nottingham accommodation directly amd book it through them. However you still won't be able to apply for anything until the 17th.
Original post by RD350
So there's a separate thing than the portal you go on for Nottingham accommodation that you make an account on, or alternatively you can just email Nottingham accommodation directly amd book it through them. However you still won't be able to apply for anything until the 17th.

Thanks. So do you get emailed how to do it then beforehand? What portal is it? So it’s not the Nottingham Hub? I’m totally confused.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks. So do you get emailed how to do it then beforehand? What portal is it? So it’s not the Nottingham Hub? I’m totally confused.

So to email them just email [email protected] this is good if you want to ask for anything specific as people reply to you rather than it being automated (I asked to be housed with postgrads or mature students because I'm 25) or just type in Uni of Nottingham accommodation into Google and there's an application bit on the website.

No idea if they send any emails out on booking accommodation, they may do on the 17th but who knows, booking accommodation through them isn't something you're specifically required to do so maybe not.
Original post by RD350
So to email them just email [email protected] this is good if you want to ask for anything specific as people reply to you rather than it being automated (I asked to be housed with postgrads or mature students because I'm 25) or just type in Uni of Nottingham accommodation into Google and there's an application bit on the website.

No idea if they send any emails out on booking accommodation, they may do on the 17th but who knows, booking accommodation through them isn't something you're specifically required to do so maybe not.

Thank you, that’s really helpful. I think I’ll email them. I believe they’re back in next work Tuesday.
Does anyone know what time on the 17th the applications open? Is it midnight?
Reply 9
Hi,

I’ve registered on roost but keeps saying user not recognised? How long do we have to reply back by once we have been given our first choice of accommodation? I’m worried I will lose my choice.

Thanks
Reply 10
Original post by Klm252
Hi,

I’ve registered on roost but keeps saying user not recognised? How long do we have to reply back by once we have been given our first choice of accommodation? I’m worried I will lose my choice.

Thanks

Hi, do you start on 2023 or 2024 cuz I have the same issue and I have an offer for April 2024 w veterinary. I’ve emailed back and forth for ages and just got an email today saying that since my offer is for 2024, I won’t be able to register atm. I sent back asking if there’s a separate time for April cohorts but I haven’t gotten a response yet.

If u are starting on 2023, I’d recommend live chatting them on the accommodation chat box or emailing them :smile: hope this helped !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending