The Student Room Group

English Literature

Any tips for getting high marked answers in GCSE english lit. I always write what i think is good but never get the marks i need, any advice is greatly appreciated.

I personally study, Macbeth, A christmas carol and an inspector calls
Reply 1
Read through some of the mark schemes of mock tests that you have done that you still have the paper with you and compare your answer and try and mark it as if you was the teacher and you start to pick up more on where you may of missed information. You wouldn't be doing it purposely but most of the time (this is what I did anyways) you end up missing key information about the story because you think "well they have already read the book so they know what happens I don't need to explain it". Highlight exactly where you think you picked up the marks compared to mark scheme and if you feel its quite vague then work to improve that certain part. You have to describe literally everything you know about these books and make any links to what might have been happening in life around them times like politics etc (this gets you a good amount of marks).
Revision is a bit like learning to play a game you just slowly get better but the more you practice the more you'll know mechanics
Original post by A£DAN
Read through some of the mark schemes of mock tests that you have done that you still have the paper with you and compare your answer and try and mark it as if you was the teacher and you start to pick up more on where you may of missed information. You wouldn't be doing it purposely but most of the time (this is what I did anyways) you end up missing key information about the story because you think "well they have already read the book so they know what happens I don't need to explain it". Highlight exactly where you think you picked up the marks compared to mark scheme and if you feel its quite vague then work to improve that certain part. You have to describe literally everything you know about these books and make any links to what might have been happening in life around them times like politics etc (this gets you a good amount of marks).
Revision is a bit like learning to play a game you just slowly get better but the more you practice the more you'll know mechanics

thank you so much it really helped
Reply 3
Original post by pinkpineapple13
Any tips for getting high marked answers in GCSE english lit. I always write what i think is good but never get the marks i need, any advice is greatly appreciated.

I personally study, Macbeth, A christmas carol and an inspector calls

I advice checking out Mr Salles youtube channel, that really helped me.
Original post by KR0505
I advice checking out Mr Salles youtube channel, that really helped me.

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending