The Student Room Group

Is data analyst seen as a ‘professional’ career?

I am a data analyst and i feel like i’m in a non-grad dumb people’s role. Is data analyst seen as a prestigious job like a lawyer, accountant or doctor, or is it seen as more like an admin/loser job?

Thanks.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by boulderingislife
I am a data analyst and i feel like i’m in a non-grad dumb people’s role. Is data analyst seen as a prestigious job like a lawyer, account or doctor, or is it seen as more like an admin/loser job?

Thanks.

I do not believe in the presence of loser job. All jobs have a potential to be eminent,
Yes, data analyst is generally seen as a professional career. A data analyst is someone who collects, processes, and performs statistical analyses on large sets of data in order to extract insights and information that can be used to make business decisions. Data analysis is becoming increasingly important in many industries, and data analysts are highly sought after by employers.
As a professional career, data analysis requires specialized knowledge, skills, and training. Data analysts need to be proficient in data management, statistical analysis, and data visualization, among other things. They also need to have strong communication skills in order to present their findings to others in an understandable way.
In addition, many data analysts hold advanced degrees in fields such as statistics, computer science, or mathematics. This level of education and training is typically required for more senior data analyst roles.

Overall, data analysis is a professional career that requires specialized skills and knowledge, and is in high demand in many industries.
Original post by adams2002
Yes, data analyst is generally seen as a professional career. A data analyst is someone who collects, processes, and performs statistical analyses on large sets of data in order to extract insights and information that can be used to make business decisions. Data analysis is becoming increasingly important in many industries, and data analysts are highly sought after by employers.

Doesn’t feel that from where i am! Salary progression and training and development has been so slow. Probably should have trained as an actuary or actuarial analyst or something. Or maybe a software developer. I feel like data analyst is an inferior role to those :frown:
Original post by adams2002

What kind of statistical analysis. I’ve not done anything more than simple arithmetic mean. Can’t think of any other techniques i can use. Any suggestions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending