The Student Room Group

english lang gcse

i left my creative writing story with a cliffhanger. is that okay
Hi, I’m currently studying A-level English language so I’m somewhat qualified to answer your question. I think you should be okay leaving your story on a cliff-hanger as long as you have done it in a clever manner in line with your story so it doesn’t look rushed, then it should be fine. From my experience (although I didn’t sit proper GCSE exams due to covid) GCSE exams aren’t marked to harshly and they don’t expect a massive amount of detail or the next best seller! So I’m sure you did well. Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by KingintheNorth31
Hi, I’m currently studying A-level English language so I’m somewhat qualified to answer your question. I think you should be okay leaving your story on a cliff-hanger as long as you have done it in a clever manner in line with your story so it doesn’t look rushed, then it should be fine. From my experience (although I didn’t sit proper GCSE exams due to covid) GCSE exams aren’t marked to harshly and they don’t expect a massive amount of detail or the next best seller! So I’m sure you did well. Good luck!

yeah i had to write a story about a life saving resue. I wrote about a police officer on a lone mission and he has to go through a forest and into an abondoned warehouse, and right as he's saved the missing person, he feels a gun pointed to the back of his head.
Reply 3
Original post by dilsheen
yeah i had to write a story about a life saving resue. I wrote about a police officer on a lone mission and he has to go through a forest and into an abondoned warehouse, and right as he's saved the missing person, he feels a gun pointed to the back of his head.

I sat the English Language exam in 2022. I would recommend against writing a cliffhanger unless it's fantastic. It can be seen as being lazy.

If you write one, NEVER end with "it was all a dream" or anything else similar to that. Examiners (and my English teachers!) don't seem to like it.
Reply 4
Original post by KingintheNorth31

thanks, just got my results back today i got 34/40 for the story
Well done, good luck for the future! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending