The Student Room Group

Can you eat pancakes every day at University?

I like them a lot
Of course you can eat them every day if you want to, nobody’s going to stop you. Whether it’s healthy to do it depends entirely on what else you’re eating in the day.
That's an interesting question :lol: Why would you not be able to?
I am not at a University, but I could not eat pancakes all the days a week. Maybe twice a week and that is good for a long time.
Sometimes things you can do you shouldn't do.
Original post by artful_lounger

You are so right. After eating pancakes four days in a row I would be sick and tired of it.
who is going to stop you?
Original post by black tea
who is going to stop you?

the pancake police. the waffle wardens. The leavened goods limiters. the brunch bunch. the frying pan fighters. Or just housemates getting annoyed at you monopolising the kitchen at breakfast time with your pancake obsession. Maybe you could make them ahead of time, or get up very early to make them, or just make them for everyone
Original post by artful_lounger

pancakes aren't that unhealthy tho... depending what kind/ how much oil you use ig
Original post by chopandchange
pancakes aren't that unhealthy tho... depending what kind/ how much oil you use ig

Most things aren't unhealthy in moderation - just about everything is unhealthy if consumed in excess though!
you'll give yourself scurvy unless you wash all that pancake down with a glass of orange juice.
(edited 1 year ago)
Ask your university
Unless your uni doesn't allow frying (I have known frying pans to be confiscated from rooms!) then you can, though you might want to experiment with a variety of fillings/toppings so that you're having something close to a balanced diet :lol:
Of course you can, you might get bored after a while
Of course you can. But a lot of students put on a little weight their first year and that sounds like the recipe to do it so you may want to work in some exercise too!
While it is technically possible to eat pancakes every day at university, it may not be the healthiest choice. Pancakes are typically made with flour, eggs, and milk, and are often served with butter and syrup, which can be high in calories and sugar.

Eating a balanced diet that includes a variety of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean protein is important for maintaining good health and energy levels, especially when you're a student who needs to focus on studying and attending classes. It's okay to enjoy pancakes as an occasional treat or part of a balanced breakfast, but it's important to also incorporate other nutritious foods into your diet.

If you're living on campus, your university may offer a variety of dining options that include healthy choices such as salads, grilled chicken, and fresh fruits and vegetables. You may also want to consider cooking your own meals, as this can give you more control over the ingredients you use and help you make healthier choices.

Remember that balance is key when it comes to nutrition, and it's important to listen to your body and fuel it with foods that give you the energy and nutrients you need to thrive as a student.
Original post by James Baguley
I like them a lot

Quick Reply

Latest