The Student Room Group

A level geography or politics

Can’t decide if i should pick geography or politics as a 3rd A level choice. I’m certain on the other two which are business and economics.I quite enjoy the human side of geography but not the physical, predicted grade is a 5/6. I also take citizenship which i find alright and should be getting a grade 7/8. Neither of these choices make a difference career wise just want to know which one is better
Reply 1
Original post by o7395470
Can’t decide if i should pick geography or politics as a 3rd A level choice. I’m certain on the other two which are business and economics.I quite enjoy the human side of geography but not the physical, predicted grade is a 5/6. I also take citizenship which i find alright and should be getting a grade 7/8. Neither of these choices make a difference career wise just want to know which one is better

Hi, I was in a similar position when picking my A levels. I really love geography particularly the human side just like you, but there is a lot of coursework involved relating to the physical side so if you’re not a fan maybe not. I do think geo is a much broader subject though.

I’m in year 13 doing politics now and I love it. I’d always recommend it and if it doesn’t impact your career I’d say go with politics especially if you like the human geography part because that is essentially most of politics (they do overlap in that sense quite a bit specification wise).
Original post by o7395470

Politics, as there are degrees where you can study joint degrees like Economics and Politics. 🙂
Reply 3
Original post by Tahmz
Hi, I was in a similar position when picking my A levels. I really love geography particularly the human side just like you, but there is a lot of coursework involved relating to the physical side so if you’re not a fan maybe not. I do think geo is a much broader subject though.

I’m in year 13 doing politics now and I love it. I’d always recommend it and if it doesn’t impact your career I’d say go with politics especially if you like the human geography part because that is essentially most of politics (they do overlap in that sense quite a bit specification wise).

Cheers thankyou
Reply 4
Original post by thegeek888
Politics, as there are degrees where you can study joint degrees like Economics and Politics. 🙂

don’t plan on doing uni but thanks

Quick Reply

Latest