The Student Room Group

Step Up To Social Work 2024

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Paddington123
Mine has 3 parts, written, group activity, online interview/role play.

The last 3 should all be part of your assessment day, I’m sure. Unless it’s different for different areas? What area are you?
Reply 41
mine said i had to book the written assessment, then the assessment centre but it also had a part on the invitation saying that you had to book the preparation session for the assessment centre - so yes 3 parts

looks like the preparation session is going to be online too
East Midlands. I had to book three separate days.
Reply 43
if the dates aren't good for you i would phone the number for the assessment centre and ask them what you could do about it
Reply 44
Havering-I booked written then received email to book assessment a fee days later.This will involve role play,interview and group activity.
Reply 45
Anyone have any revision points for the written and virtual role play assessments?

I'm guessing the centre visit is just to give us a brief...but then again, it might be an assessment day too 🤷🏾
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by Kr419
Hey. I'm applying. Been given the go ahead for stage 2. Anyone booked in for the interviews/ assessments?

Hey, I’ve applied and recently been contacted for an assessment/interview. I’m super nervous, as I really don’t know what to expect and there doesn’t seem to be any info available online!
Reply 47
Hi all, I got through to the next stage and booked my written test for 9th June and the assessment day is 11th July. Anyone else for Greater Manchester?
Reply 48
Original post by Mabel1984
Hi all, I got through to the next stage and booked my written test for 9th June and the assessment day is 11th July. Anyone else for Greater Manchester?

I’m Greater Manchester but I’m on the 12th July
Reply 49
Yup. My thoughts exactly. I was hoping someone might have some ideas on what to revise and how to prepare!
Reply 50
Original post by JennyEll79
I’m Greater Manchester but I’m on the 12th July

Oh lovely, out of curiosity, which areas have you chosen? I'm Bury, Bolton & Salford

Good luck 👍
Reply 51
Original post by Mabel1984
Oh lovely, out of curiosity, which areas have you chosen? I'm Bury, Bolton & Salford

Good luck 👍

Wigan, Bolton, Salford… you too 😊
Reply 52
Original post by debbie2571
Im through too :smile: ive got my written test on the 9th and the interview on the 30th june

good luck everyone

Hi Debbie,

I have my written test on the 9th of June and my interview on the 30th of June in Leeds at St George's Centre :smile:

I wondered if anybody wanted to make a WhatsApp or Teams group to discuss the interview process/preparation.
Reply 53
Original post by Anna.HR
Hi Debbie,

I have my written test on the 9th of June and my interview on the 30th of June in Leeds at St George's Centre :smile:

I wondered if anybody wanted to make a WhatsApp or Teams group to discuss the interview process/preparation.

...perhaps ypu could coordinate this!? Happy to send my contact number privately to be added!?
Reply 54
Original post by Kr419
...perhaps ypu could coordinate this!? Happy to send my contact number privately to be added!?

Yes I'd be more than happy to do this, if people are happy to share their numbers :smile:
I've been accepted to the second stage but have only been offered a date for the written assessment and not the interview so far! Is anyone else in the same position?
For our region we were sent 4 options for dates and had to make a request of which one we would like. We have been told we will hear back by tomorrow latest.

(Original post by Liverpool1956)I've been accepted to the second stage but have only been offered a date for the written assessment and not the interview so far! Is anyone else in the same position?
Anyone else going to an East of England assessment centre?!
Original post by Liverpool1956
I've been accepted to the second stage but have only been offered a date for the written assessment and not the interview so far! Is anyone else in the same position?

My invite for the interview came a few days after the assessment email, I think the assessments are coordinated centrally whereas the interviews are organised by the regional partnerships, hence why there seems to be a bit of a delay. :smile:
Original post by Sprinklesprinkle
My invite for the interview came a few days after the assessment email, I think the assessments are coordinated centrally whereas the interviews are organised by the regional partnerships, hence why there seems to be a bit of a delay. :smile:

Ok great! Thanks! I'll eagerly await my invite

Quick Reply

Latest