The Student Room Group

Alevels help

I’m homeschooling myself in ocr classical civilisation and aqa law I have no teacher or notes just bought books and wondered if anyone was doing these subjects in school that could share anything with me thanks in advance
Reply 1
hey! i'm doing ocr classics, what papers are you doing?
Reply 2
im doing component 1 =The world of the Hero -H408/11
component 2 = culture and the arts - Greek Theatre - H408 /21
component 3 = beliefs and ideas - H408/32 - love and relationships thanks think Greek theatre is the hardest Original post by mh05)hey! i'm doing ocr classics, what papers are you doing?
Reply 3
Original post by Donegal
component 3 = beliefs and ideas - H408/32 - love and relationships thanks think Greek theatre is the hardest Original post by mh05)hey! i'm doing ocr classics, what papers are you doing?

i'm doing invention of the barbarian, greek religion and then the aeneid/iliad

i'll see if i can find some resource for the world of the hero paper then. are you reading the iliad or the odyssey?
Original post by Donegal

i'm doing world of the hero, greek religion and imperial image - LOVE IT!!!!!!!! applied for class civ at uni too
Original post by Donegal
I’m homeschooling myself in ocr classical civilisation and aqa law I have no teacher or notes just bought books and wondered if anyone was doing these subjects in school that could share anything with me thanks in advance

do u do a levels at school to?
Reply 6
i can send you some things for classics! i have a lot of resources provided by my school (critics, sample essays, context, etc) as well as a whole copy of my teacher's notes on bacchae! they'd all have to be sent over email though, so if you send me a message i can definitely send those on

definitely also look at jstor, there's a heap of essays on there to do with anything classics. i'd also recommend the omnibus! it's a magazine by the classical association that has an assortment of essays, of sorts, to do with all sorts of classical things - including absolutely loads of the texts we study! you can order previous issues of it for free, as long as you pay shipping.

also, read around the subject - read the other famous plays (poet & the women, medea, antigone, hippolytus, etc) as well as whichever world of the hero text you don't study. it's very useful and well regarded by the examiners if you can demonstrate this knowledge (or at least pretend to have it!) - e.g., the ending lines of bacchae are used in 4 other plays by euripides, which can be used to demonstrate the overarching themes of greek drama; talking about the half-aristeia present in odyssey and how it's reflective of the changing attitudes towards war between the iliad and odyssey being written down by homer
Reply 7
Thank you so so much have sent you a message if you just email hi first so I can check it doesn’t go into junk
Original post by Donegal

Heya!
If it helps, Study Mind has law past papers you can use in the future to help with your revision :h:

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study mind
Reply 9
Original post by Donegal
Thank you so so much have sent you a message if you just email hi first so I can check it doesn’t go into junk

just sent you some stuff!
Original post by alecks
i can send you some things for classics! i have a lot of resources provided by my school (critics, sample essays, context, etc) as well as a whole copy of my teacher's notes on bacchae! they'd all have to be sent over email though, so if you send me a message i can definitely send those on

definitely also look at jstor, there's a heap of essays on there to do with anything classics. i'd also recommend the omnibus! it's a magazine by the classical association that has an assortment of essays, of sorts, to do with all sorts of classical things - including absolutely loads of the texts we study! you can order previous issues of it for free, as long as you pay shipping.

also, read around the subject - read the other famous plays (poet & the women, medea, antigone, hippolytus, etc) as well as whichever world of the hero text you don't study. it's very useful and well regarded by the examiners if you can demonstrate this knowledge (or at least pretend to have it!) - e.g., the ending lines of bacchae are used in 4 other plays by euripides, which can be used to demonstrate the overarching themes of greek drama; talking about the half-aristeia present in odyssey and how it's reflective of the changing attitudes towards war between the iliad and odyssey being written down by homer

Hi, please could you send me these resources I have been struggling a lot to find any helpful revision and I have exams next week. Thanks!
Reply 11
Original post by swift513
Hi, please could you send me these resources I have been struggling a lot to find any helpful revision and I have exams next week. Thanks!

hi yes of course if you still need them send me a message with your email in!

Quick Reply

Latest