The Student Room Group

MPharm integrated cases

For pharmacy, I also have 3 exams which are case study based. They are closed book and in exam conditions.

An example of 2 questions from what one of the studies may include.
Q1 - what medication would you discuss with this patient?
Q2 - what interventions would you take to help her 'tablet burden'.

The issue with these questions is I don't know what exactly is enough. And what the bigger case study will have that's different. If anyone has any experience in this topic and examination style, please do advise me. Thank you.
Original post by fastengines
For pharmacy, I also have 3 exams which are case study based. They are closed book and in exam conditions.

An example of 2 questions from what one of the studies may include.
Q1 - what medication would you discuss with this patient?
Q2 - what interventions would you take to help her 'tablet burden'.

The issue with these questions is I don't know what exactly is enough. And what the bigger case study will have that's different. If anyone has any experience in this topic and examination style, please do advise me. Thank you.

If they are based on a case study I assume you will need to look it up beforehand?
What do you mean by the bit in bold?
Original post by spectrum84
If they are based on a case study I assume you will need to look it up beforehand?
What do you mean by the bit in bold?

We aren't given anything before hand, it's a case study presented in exam conditions with some structured questions to answer.

In bold - what is the type of answers to questions they might ask. Because we haven't been given practice yet so are reliant on the mock. But this is not even a months before the exam? And there's 3 case study exams.
We aren't given anything before hand, it's a case study presented in exam conditions with some structured questions to answer.

In bold - what is the type of answers to questions they might ask. Because we haven't been given practice yet so are reliant on the mock. But this is not even a months before the exam? And there's 3 case study exams.

I'm not sure what they might ask but I would recommend taking as much as you can from the mock, if it'll be your only chance at something like that
Original post by spectrum84
I'm not sure what they might ask but I would recommend taking as much as you can from the mock, if it'll be your only chance at something like that

I agree but they're giving us the mock 2 weeks before the actual exam.
I agree but they're giving us the mock 2 weeks before the actual exam.

If you're worried about the timeline, set yourself a schedule so you have enough time to reflect and prepare for other exams

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending