The Student Room Group

Pharmacy Calculation exam at Kingston University

I was recently told that if I don't pass both attempts of the calculation exam, I won't be able to continue the course at Kingston which really has me worried as I don't see myself doing anything other than pharmacy and want to stay doing pharmacy.

is this true and what would I do if this were to happen?
Who told you this was the case? Another student, or someone who you'd expect to know how the progession rules operate?

Do you not have a Student Handbook which explains how these things work?
Reply 2
my teachers told me this was the case
Original post by DataVenia
Who told you this was the case? Another student, or someone who you'd expect to know how the progession rules operate?

Do you not have a Student Handbook which explains how these things work?
Original post by Crayzee03
my teachers told me this was the case

You don't mention whether you're doing MPharm or the Foundation year, but the Programme Specification for the former, here, says:

Calculation test: within level 4, 5, 6 and 7: There is a ‘must pass’ calculation assessment. The pass mark has been determined using standard setting principles previously and is now set at 60% at level 4 and 5, 65% at level 6 and 70% at level 7. The assessment will become progressively more complex and challenging, spiralling calculations ability through the course. This assessment will be a part of the Academic and Professional Skills Portfolio in the MPharm at each level. A maximum of two attempts in level 4, 5 and 6 will be permitted for this assessment, one before the June Assessment Board and one in the Reassessment period and three attempts in level 7.

Note the phrase "must pass" and the reference to a "maximum of two attempts".

It seems that your teacher's do know what they're talking about.
Reply 4
I'm doing the MPharm and I'm in year 2 (level 5), I've done the first attempt and gotten 63%, and I had to do the retake as this year the pass rate is 70%
You don't mention whether you're doing MPharm or the Foundation year, but the Programme Specification for the former, here, says:

Note the phrase "must pass" and the reference to a "maximum of two attempts".

It seems that your teacher's do know what they're talking about.
I'm doing the MPharm and I'm in year 2 (level 5), I've done the first attempt and gotten 63%, and I had to do the retake as this year the pass rate is 70%

Understood. Good luck in your second attempt.
Reply 6
Thank you!
Understood. Good luck in your second attempt.
Thank you!
Did u pass xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending