The Student Room Group

Mr Everything English P2 Q2

Hi, Mr Everything English uses A PEIEIEI structure for writing a summary. However, I am not sure if that is the right structure as there is no direct comparison of the 2 sources. Please let me know what you all think about this.
Question 2 doesn't actually require that much analysis. This is an example of a top-grade 7-8 mark answer in the mark scheme:

"The children in Source A have a wild, carefree experience of childhood. They are naturally and physically active as they ‘race[d] up and down…or all three’ with no real direction or purpose, enjoying the freedom of a complete lack of parental control and no obvious adult supervision. This carefree and irresponsible experience is in complete contrast to Source B where the child factory workers do not have the same freedom or rights. Their childhood consists of being forced to earn money and being responsible for supporting themselves and their families. Their enforced stillness as they work ‘sitting silently’ shows that they are physically and verbally restrained by the more powerful adult supervisor, conveying a depressing and subdued experience.
Original post by Hammad06
Hi, Mr Everything English uses A PEIEIEI structure for writing a summary. However, I am not sure if that is the right structure as there is no direct comparison of the 2 sources. Please let me know what you all think about this.
Original post by Hammad06

I would recommend adding brief comparison points. They do not need to be very long. That structure seems to focus on inference, which I would argue is oddly more important for that question.
Reply 3
i suggest you stick to the PEIEIEI structure although, there may not be much information to make use with therefore maybe try removing one EI and sticking to PEIEI

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending