The Student Room Group

I’m in university but I want to become a midwife

I’m studying a bsc in health and social care but I want to become a midwife I don’t have all the qualifications and i don’t have the money at the moment to pay for it so I want to know what my options are and what I can do
Reply 1
cant you just do a postgrad masters? These are funded.
Reply 2
How can I do that please let me know
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Shells_
I’m studying a bsc in health and social care but I want to become a midwife I don’t have all the qualifications and i don’t have the money at the moment to pay for it so I want to know what my options are and what I can do

Hi ☺️

I'm guessing that you are doing a health and social care course at college ???

Best thing to do is complete your health and social care course first. on completion of this course at college you'll be able to apply for any university for any nursing field you want to work in. This providing you pass all of your courseware in health and social care. If you pass it you'll be able to apply for midwifery.

Remember that you'll need a minimum entry requirements for midwifery at university and perhaps you can look at your chosen universities for their own entry requirements as every university sets out there own requirements for courses.

Midwifery is the most highly competitive degree course to gain a place on and you definitely need the required entry grades 🙏.

A NHS registered midwife.
Reply 5
Original post by Tracey_W
Hi ☺️

I'm guessing that you are doing a health and social care course at college ???

Best thing to do is complete your health and social care course first. on completion of this course at college you'll be able to apply for any university for any nursing field you want to work in. This providing you pass all of your courseware in health and social care. If you pass it you'll be able to apply for midwifery.

Remember that you'll need a minimum entry requirements for midwifery at university and perhaps you can look at your chosen universities for their own entry requirements as every university sets out there own requirements for courses.

Midwifery is the most highly competitive degree course to gain a place on and you definitely need the required entry grades 🙏.

A NHS registered midwife.

Hi im doing health and social care in university

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending