The Student Room Group

Top up in Health and Social Care

Hi,

I am a student, enrolled at the moment for Bsc Honours Health and Social Care with foundation. Just now I have been informed that this is not enough to become a children and family social worker. What do I have to do after this degree in order to become a social worker?

Many thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Sana R
Hi,
I am a student, enrolled at the moment for Bsc Honours Health and Social Care with foundation. Just now I have been informed that this is not enough to become a children and family social worker. What do I have to do after this degree in order to become a social worker?
Many thanks
Hey,

I believe the only way to become a social worker is through a degree - according to the NHS website. After your undergraduate degree, you can move onto doing a MA in Social Work. It will take you longer to become a social worker. 4 years of undergrad, plus 2 years of masters. But luckily your undergrad degree is in a related field, so providing you pass with a high enough degree level and are able to ace the interview you’ll be on your way!
Reply 2
Original post by azzyb524
Hey,
I believe the only way to become a social worker is through a degree - according to the NHS website. After your undergraduate degree, you can move onto doing a MA in Social Work. It will take you longer to become a social worker. 4 years of undergrad, plus 2 years of masters. But luckily your undergrad degree is in a related field, so providing you pass with a high enough degree level and are able to ace the interview you’ll be on your way!

Thank you so much!
Reply 3
Original post by Sana R
Thank you so much!
No problem - best of luck!
I was going to do the same thing, study Health and Social at undergrad and then move onto a masters in a specific department before I knew I wanted to be a social worker. Always happy to chat about it! (:

Quick Reply

Latest