The Student Room Group

Oxbridge extra curriculars

So, I'm going to apply to Oxford but my friend has saying I'm not gonna stand a chance unless I have extra curriculars outside my subject like piano at a 8 or 9th grade or several years of work experience. I do have a few extra curriculars but they are mostly based around the subject I want to apply to.
so my question is that do I have to be worried about having extra curriculars that are not based around my subject?
What subject are you hoping to apply for? Grade 8 piano is only relevant if you're applying to music :tongue:

What you need is super-curriculars (subject-specific extra stuff, like attending online lectures, doing wider reading, etc.). Which it sounds like you've done?
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
What subject are you hoping to apply for? Grade 8 piano is only relevant if you're applying to music :tongue:

What you need is super-curriculars (subject-specific extra stuff, like attending online lectures, doing wider reading, etc.). Which it sounds like you've done?

I'm applying for Computer Science
Original post by Anonymous
I'm applying for Computer Science

Ah, I don't know anything about STEM subjects at Oxford (I read music) but generally speaking, having relevant subject-related extra/super-curriculars is far more important. Your focus should be on any pre-interview admissions test: that will count way more than your personal statement, I'd imagine :yep:
Reply 5
Have you tried https://www.seh.ox.ac.uk/study/outreach/events-and-competitions/big-think-competition ? It's got some decent questions and it'll give you something to put on your personal statement :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending