The Student Room Group

Any successful STP genomics applicants?

Hello,

I am currently in my first year of university studying zoology (I understand this limits my chances of getting in; however, its too late to change now, and I can still do a genetics master). I am looking for guidance from any successful applicants on their experience and how they found/applied for it.

I'm really stuck; I've emailed the head of genomics masters at my university however the help he can give is limited as he has no involvement with STP. I don't know where to look or who it is appropriate to email for charity volunteer, shadowing or work experience positions to start gaining relevant work experience.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Original post by Bek28
Hello,

I am currently in my first year of university studying zoology (I understand this limits my chances of getting in; however, its too late to change now, and I can still do a genetics master). I am looking for guidance from any successful applicants on their experience and how they found/applied for it.

I'm really stuck; I've emailed the head of genomics masters at my university however the help he can give is limited as he has no involvement with STP. I don't know where to look or who it is appropriate to email for charity volunteer, shadowing or work experience positions to start gaining relevant work experience.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Transfer and do biology instead if your doing zoology it’s the same as biology in first year try transfer course

Quick Reply

Latest