The Student Room Group

The University of Leeds or the University of Southampton?

Hh
(edited 1 year ago)
I'd personally say Southampton is better for Engineering compared to Leeds. Leeds is a great uni and I've applied there but Southampton is a notch better. Pretty sure it wouldn't make too big of a difference if you went to either especially as in engineering it doesn't make a massive difference but if you care about which is better then go for Southampton. It's also worth bearing in mind that you'll probably be more likely to find a job in the south of England compared to the north if you want to work for a "big/international" company. Good luck!
Thats great to hear thanks alot! Im quite indecisive so im considering changing my course to mechanical engineering, do you the think the same ideas would still apply?
Also sorry to bother again but would you consider the university of Manchester to be even higher than Southampton?
Original post by Faisalaltaher
Also sorry to bother again but would you consider the university of Manchester to be even higher than Southampton?

No worries man, feel free to message me. I'd say that both are very similar universities in terms of prestige and ranking etc. At that point it's really down to personal preference. Night life and all is probably better in Manchester since it's a bigger city alongside more food and all but Southamptons quieter if you prefer that. Both elite universities for Engineering and either one won't be much of a difference.

Quick Reply

Latest