The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

East Park Standard Room

Differences between standard and ensuite.
I want to apply to East Park but can only afford the standard room.

I was wondering if anyone knows if the kitchen/lounge area for the standard rooms are the same as the ones on the website? (I'm worried it's like an old and new lafrowda situation where the standard is completely diffefent to the ensuite).

Also, does anyone know if the shared bathrooms are included in the cleaning of "communal areas"?
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Hiya, East Park is a great choice!

A friend of mine stayed in a standard room last year, and loved it. She shared a bathroom with one other, and I'm pretty sure there was a cleaner that came and cleaned it once a week (the same as the kitchen). From what I understand, the kitchen/lounge area is pretty much the same, definitely not an old and new lafrowda situation, so you don't need to worry about that.

I recommend watching YouTube videos of the accommodation to get a student's-eye-view of it.

I hope this has helped, please don't hesitate to ask if you have any other questions :smile:

Erica
University of Exeter Student Ambassador
Original post by ExeterStudentRep
Hiya, East Park is a great choice!

A friend of mine stayed in a standard room last year, and loved it. She shared a bathroom with one other, and I'm pretty sure there was a cleaner that came and cleaned it once a week (the same as the kitchen). From what I understand, the kitchen/lounge area is pretty much the same, definitely not an old and new lafrowda situation, so you don't need to worry about that.

I recommend watching YouTube videos of the accommodation to get a student's-eye-view of it.

I hope this has helped, please don't hesitate to ask if you have any other questions :smile:

Erica

Thank you so much! It is reassuring to know it'll pretty much be like it seems on YouTube and the tours! Probably going to put it as my top choice then!
Reply 4
Original post by FroggyBoiSam
Differences between standard and ensuite.
Do standard rooms have the same open plan kitchen/living area as seen on the website, or is that only for en-suite?I don’t mind sharing the bathrooms but want the same kitchen/living area…
Original post by Fred07
Do standard rooms have the same open plan kitchen/living area as seen on the website, or is that only for en-suite?I don’t mind sharing the bathrooms but want the same kitchen/living area…

Hi! I was in East Park in my first year and all the kitchens are open-plan and follow similar designs. All the ones I’ve seen are very roomy with big windows, plenty of space and storage as well as sofas and living spaces. The blocks are all slightly different shapes and sizes so the layout can differ across kitchens, but they’re all similar and and don’t seem to be affected by whether the rooms are standard or en suite.

Nina

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending