The Student Room Group

Exeter University Accommodation

Hi :smile: Was just wondering if anyone can let me know consensually what
Durvard, Birks grange, Lafrowda and East Park are like and which would you recommend. I like Duryard but looks a bit quiet, though overall l'm not so picky in what I'm looking for. A better question to ask is should which one out of theseI should maybe not go for, at all? Thanks :biggrin:
Reply 1
Hi! I’m currently in birks grange so can say a bit about that! The rooms are a nice size and I’m in self catered so we get the en-suite too which is also fairly good. Plenty of storage and plugs in the room which is nice and the heating has worked well for everyone in the flat. Kitchens are okay too! There’s definitely enough cupboard space (although pre warning, the cupboards are relatively narrow and my plate wouldn’t fit). We have 2 ovens with one workings significantly better than the other. We also have 2 fridge freezers so again we all have enough space in the kitchen. There’s a shop within birks grange village which sells the same things as the campus shop as well as any essentials you could think off. It’s definitely not the cheapest shop but it’s convenient and they often have deals on. There’s also a Morrisons garage within 5 mins which is open 24/7 (although is more expensive than the birks shop). The washers are powered by Washstation which is temperamental however compared to other accommodations, there seem to be quite a few actual machines (10 machines and 12 dryers). A normal coloured wash is £2.50 and a dry is £1.50.
I can’t really comment on the social aspect of birks as I’m in quiet accommodation but there’s always lots of people around.
It’s about a 15 minute walk to campus (but you can definitely do it in 10 at a speed walk) however is at the bottom of cardiac hill which is accurately named. But you definitely get used to that though the year.
Overall I’d recommend! Although if you were looking for slightly nicer rooms, I think east park is better and more centrally located.

On a side note, I’m pretty sure the duryard and lafrowda rooms are identical to the birks rooms. Duryard is further out than birks but it does mean you can avoid cardiac hill. Lafrowda is the other direction, I don’t know much about it except it’s pretty popular.

I hope this info dump was in anyway useful. I have friends in east park and duryard so happy to answer any questions you might have!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending