The Student Room Group

Biology exam technique

Hi, can someone help me with biology AS level exam technique? My mocks are coming up and I'm at a D but want atleast a B
Hi, I got a B at AS level biology; but am resitting my AS1 paper this year to get it up to an A :tongue:

This year, I've noticed a great improvement in my exam conduct, and am getting consistent A's on my mocks. here's what Ive noticed helps;

- Exam practice books. Regardless of spec/exam board, I'd highly recommend the 'CCEA AS Biology Exam Practice Book' on Amazon; its £20-30 I believe, but its really great for exam practice. It single-handedly saved my grade last year (keeping up the trend with my A2 copy! :biggrin:) Simple format, great for memorising answers. Remember, self testing on questions is the single most effective study method.

- Make booklets of past paper questions straight from the exam papers. (ie- I made one by going through 5 years worth of papers, and taking out all enzymes questions ect) and ensure I complete each topic booklet of ppqs. I find it as a good training wheel for sitting actual past papers on their own, as they're more grouped and specific.

aside from this, really the only way is practise. If you're having trouble interpreting the questions, try asking a friend to go through a paper with you.
Hi guys, my friends told me this is the place to say stuff about offers. I am reapplying this year for UCL, and I got 4 A* last year. I also got 16.1 in the BMAT, but didn’t get called for interview. Should I have got one and call the university, or should I just accept it and move on. Maybe medicine isn’t the one for me 😅😅😅. Good luck to all other applicants, and maybe we’ll see each other in September.
Original post by GeorgeJose99
Hi guys, my friends told me this is the place to say stuff about offers. I am reapplying this year for UCL, and I got 4 A* last year. I also got 16.1 in the BMAT, but didn’t get called for interview. Should I have got one and call the university, or should I just accept it and move on. Maybe medicine isn’t the one for me 😅😅😅. Good luck to all other applicants, and maybe we’ll see each other in September.

Hi hello! You're new on here, but i'm afraid you've made a mistake and accidentally replied to an already existing question from another user, think of it as an instagram comment section; the thread you're looking for should be this one :smile:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7126857
Original post by Blahajbites
Hi hello! You're new on here, but i'm afraid you've made a mistake and accidentally replied to an already existing question from another user, think of it as an instagram comment section; the thread you're looking for should be this one :smile:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7126857

Hi, sorry about the mistake. I didn’t realise I was in the wrong forum. However, I did get an A* in biology A Level, so I can give some advice. I think the main piece of advice is to be realistic with where you are and how much more you can do. Think about what has been going wrong in your previous exams, and see if there are things you can change or not. I did know someone in my school who got D in Biology AS level, and now he is working in a TFL apprenticeship earning quite a lot of money right now. Just remember there are many opportunities available to you.

Quick Reply

Latest