The Student Room Group

Biology A level

I revise for biology yet I struggle with my test , Can anyone give me tips on how to revise for. AQA A level biology
Original post by gift2024
I revise for biology yet I struggle with my test , Can anyone give me tips on how to revise for. AQA A level biology

Hi @gift2024

I am sorry to hear that you are struggling with revision.

Biology is a tough subject with a huge amount of content.

Have you tried Quizzlet? I used this a lot when studying for my GCSEs. It is a great platform where you can turn your notes into flashcards or quizzes. You can also explore the Biology section where other students have uploaded their revision tools.

Another great tool is YouTube! There are hundreds of videos about all the different topics within AQA Biology. Sometimes when you have had enough of reading, writing, and answering exam questions it is nice to watch a YT video with colourful visuals.

My all-time favourite technique is teaching the topic to someone else! This could be a friend or family member. Sit them down and teach them a section from your revision guide; you can also get them to ask you questions.

Finally, don't overdo it! Set a 45-minute timer on your phone and just work, once the timer goes off you can reward yourself with a 10-minute break.

Hope some of this can help! :smile:
Anastasia
BCU Student Rep

I do Edexcel A biology, so there are some differences. I find flashcards very useful, I make them on StudySmarter and use the spaced repetition feature to help me

do you know what specifically you struggle with in your test? if you haven't gotten all the concept, the free notes on savemyexams are really good (some have more than what the spec needs you to know) but if you get the concept and your issue is exam technique, what i really liked doing was watching people on youtube go through past papers. they will say their thought process and talk through why they're answering that way and after you've watched a few, you kind of learn to apply their techniques when answering questions. then the next step is to just do practice paper questions.

Quick Reply

Latest