The Student Room Group

How to improve GCSE Math grade within these few months

I'm currently working at a 5 and are i am aiming to get a 7 in Maths. Are there any resources and revision techniques that you can provide to help me with my process on improving this?

Is it possible to improve my grade by 2-3 grades in this short amount of time?
Reply 1
It is certainly possible the key is practice so use maths genie and corbett maths 5 a day for a quick bit of revision every day, watch videos and attend revision sessions. Good luck
Reply 2
Original post by eri.d
It is certainly possible the key is practice so use maths genie and corbett maths 5 a day for a quick bit of revision every day, watch videos and attend revision sessions. Good luck

How much revision a day do you recommend?
Reply 3
About 2 hours a week so like 20 mins a day for a quick revision sesh is how I did it cause my low attention span
Original post by JPF6
I'm currently working at a 5 and are i am aiming to get a 7 in Maths. Are there any resources and revision techniques that you can provide to help me with my process on improving this?

Is it possible to improve my grade by 2-3 grades in this short amount of time?

It is possible to improve your grade by 2-3 grades in a relatively short amount of time, but it will require a lot of focused and consistent effort. Here are some resources and revision techniques that can help you improve your grade in Maths:

Practice past papers: Practising past papers is a great way to familiarise yourself with the types of questions that might appear on your exam. Try to do as many past papers as possible, and make sure to review your answers carefully to identify areas that need improvement.

Identify areas of weakness: Use past papers and class notes to identify the areas of Maths that you struggle with the most. Make a list of these topics and focus on practising and revising them until you feel more confident.

Seek extra help: If you are struggling with a particular topic, don't be afraid to seek extra help from your teacher, tutor, or classmates. Sometimes, all it takes is a different explanation or approach to help you understand a concept better.

Use online resources: There are many online resources available that can help you revise Maths. Khan Academy, Mathway, and Brilliant.org are all great resources that offer free online Maths tutorials and practice exercises.

Practice regularly: Consistency is key when it comes to improving your grade in Maths. Try to practice every day, even if it's just for a short amount of time.

Remember, improving your grade by 2-3 grades will require a lot of hard work and dedication, but it is possible. Stay focused, stay positive, and don't be afraid to ask for help when you need it. Good luck!
Hi all, I've left it late, but I really need a cheap GCSE maths foundation revision course. Can't afford a tutor, so i'v looked online, but there are tons out there - Century, Complete Maths, Udemy, Tasomai, etc... Anyone used one of these and got a rec? I've tried maths genie and corbett @eri.d but I need more help than a textbook type thing. Really want to improve by two grades

Quick Reply

Latest