The Student Room Group
Graduation
Arts University Bournemouth
Poole
Visit website

What softwares do they teach on the animation course? Tutorials?

Hi! I have applied to the animation course, and it looks really good, but I am concerned because although my main interest is 2D, I would really like to try 3D softwares as well. Not just 3D animation, but 3D modelling of objects for example, and I am concerned that there won't be many tutorials on this as part of their course, since it is more traditional 2D based. Or that if I try teaching myself and I like it, there won't be anyone available who I could ask for help with it.

How regular are general tutorials, workshops during this course? And how many of those would be 3D based for example?

I realise I can teach myself 3D, but obviously that's something I have to weigh up if I am happy about if I choose this course.

Does anyone have a link to a page with the exact modules they teach each term as part of this course as well? I mean what topic the module will be.

Thanks
Original post by Anonymous
Hi! I have applied to the animation course, and it looks really good, but I am concerned because although my main interest is 2D, I would really like to try 3D softwares as well. Not just 3D animation, but 3D modelling of objects for example, and I am concerned that there won't be many tutorials on this as part of their course, since it is more traditional 2D based. Or that if I try teaching myself and I like it, there won't be anyone available who I could ask for help with it.

How regular are general tutorials, workshops during this course? And how many of those would be 3D based for example?

I realise I can teach myself 3D, but obviously that's something I have to weigh up if I am happy about if I choose this course.

Does anyone have a link to a page with the exact modules they teach each term as part of this course as well? I mean what topic the module will be.

Thanks

It's great to hear that you're interested in the animation course! In terms of your concern about 3D software, it's important to note that many animation courses cover a variety of techniques and software, even if the primary focus is on 2D animation. However, the specifics of what is covered will depend on the individual course.

To get a better understanding of what is covered in the animation course you applied for, I suggest reaching out to the course instructors or admissions office to request more information. They should be able to provide you with a breakdown of the course curriculum, including the specific topics covered in each module.

As for general tutorials and workshops, again, this will depend on the course. Some animation courses offer regular workshops and tutorials on a variety of topics, while others may not have as many. It's worth asking the course instructors or admissions office about this as well.

If you're specifically interested in 3D modeling and animation, you may also want to consider looking for courses that specialize in that area. There are many animation courses that cover both 2D and 3D techniques, so it may be worth exploring your options.

Good luck with your research and decision-making process!
Graduation
Arts University Bournemouth
Poole
Visit website
Software and hardware facilities are listed on the website: https://aub.ac.uk/course/animation-production/details#studios-and-resources

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending