The Student Room Group

I am applying for Uni and degree apprenticeships in Software engineering/Digital & te

Hello !Here’s my background: I got grades BBB in chemistry Maths and Biology this year.
I’d like some help concerning my cover letter and personal statement. Here is a a summary of activities I’ve done:
1- i talked about an online software engineering work experience ( Springpod) and how it introduced me to CS, and how i found it intriguing
2- I talked about how i was passionate about animes and drawing, and then did some research about animation and how computing overlaps with drawing there ( made me appreciate that cs isn’t just a bunch of numbers but also can mix with art)
3- talked about ai and how it will be a powerful tool in the future for coders and my thoughts about it
4- I started python course and web design course on freecodecamp camp and did my first python project and I’m gonna build my personal website and talk about that too
5- bunch of extracurriculars ( and the skills they built): sixth form open evening, mentored some GCSE students in maths during sixth form. Joined my skl’s basketball academy. Was in my skls student voice. Currently working as a teaching assistant in year 1. I can speak fluently: English, Algerian Arabic, Tamazight, French. And some basic german

Things I’m considering to do : coding challenges, maybe reading A very short introduction : computer science . An online work experience on Forage.

Things to note: those were the main points i will talk about. It will also be tailored to the companies I’m gonna apply for.

Is this enough/ good ?
Anything specific i need to add / remove?
Anything more/ or extra activities i can do ?
Any tips on what unis and employers look for in particular ?
Anything to maximise my chances to getting accepted ?
If you have any good sports achievements that is usually good to put in there, but also just describing to them what you have learnt from the things you have mentioned is what gives you those extra merit points, and could give you a reduced offer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending