The Student Room Group

Poems of decade 24 marks

i wrote this so far:
Both ‘Ode on a Grayson Perry Urn’ by Tim Turbull and ‘Out of Bag’ by Seamus Heaney convey their attitudes to the living memorial of the past through ideas of reflections.’Out of Bag’ is indicative of the past through a generational past theology of greek mythology whereas ‘Ode on a Grayson Perrry Urn’ is objective of the past through reminiscing their ‘youth and ecstasy’.

Firstly in the poem ‘Ode on a Grayson Perry’ by Tim Turbull depicts the the ability to reconcile with the past and to possess better attitudes to overcoming the past,similary in the poem “out of bag”by Seamus Heneay conveys the optimism of overcoming the past and comprehending its inevitability regardless of future woes.When the narrator who recalls from a child’s perspective announces,’that was next’it suggests his hope for future origins and the readiness of pursuing life through healing with the preposition “next” giving connotations of moving on and abandonment which further implies his wishes to neglect the past as it burdens him and his loss of reality as he references greek mythology as if it is real .Similarly “Ode on a Grayson Perry Urn” by Tim Turnbull utilises imagery of social concerns to depicts the past attitudes and to learn from the mistakes of the past through reflection.Therefore both poets reminiscence the past in pursuit of bettering their knowledge.

i was wondering how i can improve it and the structure i should use for the next 2 paragraphs and like what i should include to get all 24 marks
Original post by Dreamzzzz12
i wrote this so far:
Both ‘Ode on a Grayson Perry Urn’ by Tim Turbull and ‘Out of Bag’ by Seamus Heaney convey their attitudes to the living memorial of the past through ideas of reflections.’Out of Bag’ is indicative of the past through a generational past theology of greek mythology whereas ‘Ode on a Grayson Perrry Urn’ is objective of the past through reminiscing their ‘youth and ecstasy’.

Firstly in the poem ‘Ode on a Grayson Perry’ by Tim Turbull depicts the the ability to reconcile with the past and to possess better attitudes to overcoming the past,similary in the poem “out of bag”by Seamus Heneay conveys the optimism of overcoming the past and comprehending its inevitability regardless of future woes.When the narrator who recalls from a child’s perspective announces,’that was next’it suggests his hope for future origins and the readiness of pursuing life through healing with the preposition “next” giving connotations of moving on and abandonment which further implies his wishes to neglect the past as it burdens him and his loss of reality as he references greek mythology as if it is real .Similarly “Ode on a Grayson Perry Urn” by Tim Turnbull utilises imagery of social concerns to depicts the past attitudes and to learn from the mistakes of the past through reflection.Therefore both poets reminiscence the past in pursuit of bettering their knowledge.

i was wondering how i can improve it and the structure i should use for the next 2 paragraphs and like what i should include to get all 24 marks

Hi... I'm diving right in...

Here are some suggestions on how you could improve your essay:

Introduction: In your introduction, you should provide a brief overview of the poems and your thesis statement. You can also include some context on the poets and their works.

Paragraph 1: In your first paragraph, you have already discussed how both poems convey their attitudes to the past through reflections. You could expand on this by providing more specific examples from the poems and analyzing the literary devices used to convey these attitudes. For example, in 'Ode on a Grayson Perry Urn,' you could discuss how the use of imagery and symbolism emphasizes the narrator's reflections on the past, while in 'Out of Bag,' you could discuss how the use of allusions to Greek mythology adds depth to the theme of reflecting on the past.

Paragraph 2: For your second paragraph, you could focus on the differences between the two poems in terms of how they convey their attitudes towards the past. For example, you could discuss how 'Out of Bag' focuses on the cyclical nature of time and how the past is inevitably linked to the present and future, while 'Ode on a Grayson Perry Urn' focuses on how the past can inform our present and future actions.

Paragraph 3: For your third paragraph, you could discuss how the themes and attitudes presented in the two poems relate to larger social or historical contexts. For example, you could discuss how the poems comment on issues of identity, memory, or cultural heritage.

Conclusion: In your conclusion, you should summarize your main points and restate your thesis in a new way. You could also discuss the significance of the poems and their attitudes towards the past in a broader context.

To get all 24 marks, it's important to demonstrate a deep understanding of the poems and their themes, as well as an ability to analyze and interpret literary devices. Make sure to use quotes from the poems to support your points and to analyze them in depth. Additionally, you should demonstrate an ability to relate the themes and attitudes of the poems to larger social or historical contexts.
Original post by paperpundit

Introduction: In your introduction, you should provide a brief overview of the poems and your thesis statement. You can also include some context on the poets and their works.

Paragraph 1: In your first paragraph, you have already discussed how both poems convey their attitudes to the past through reflections. You could expand on this by providing more specific examples from the poems and analyzing the literary devices used to convey these attitudes. For example, in 'Ode on a Grayson Perry Urn,' you could discuss how the use of imagery and symbolism emphasizes the narrator's reflections on the past, while in 'Out of Bag,' you could discuss how the use of allusions to Greek mythology adds depth to the theme of reflecting on the past.

Paragraph 2: For your second paragraph, you could focus on the differences between the two poems in terms of how they convey their attitudes towards the past. For example, you could discuss how 'Out of Bag' focuses on the cyclical nature of time and how the past is inevitably linked to the present and future, while 'Ode on a Grayson Perry Urn' focuses on how the past can inform our present and future actions.

Paragraph 3: For your third paragraph, you could discuss how the themes and attitudes presented in the two poems relate to larger social or historical contexts. For example, you could discuss how the poems comment on issues of identity, memory, or cultural heritage.

Conclusion: In your conclusion, you should summarize your main points and restate your thesis in a new way. You could also discuss the significance of the poems and their attitudes towards the past in a broader context.

To get all 24 marks, it's important to demonstrate a deep understanding of the poems and their themes, as well as an ability to analyze and interpret literary devices. Make sure to use quotes from the poems to support your points and to analyze them in depth. Additionally, you should demonstrate an ability to relate the themes and attitudes of the poems to larger social or historical contexts.

Hi tysmmm for ur help
i was also wondering how do you meet all the criteria without running out of time
Original post by paperpundit

Hi i wrote an introduction and 1 paragraph using the advice you gave me in 20 minutes which is the time i have to answer th equestion is it possible to show u as in how to make it shorter?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending