The Student Room Group

Chat GPT and Plagarism?

I know that turn it in now picks up chat gpt as plagarism, but I was wondering how far this goes. I hate writing titles for presentations and such so if I were to use Chat GPT to make the titles and subtitles would I be pulled up on it?
Original post by Roseiey
I know that turn it in now picks up chat gpt as plagarism, but I was wondering how far this goes. I hate writing titles for presentations and such so if I were to use Chat GPT to make the titles and subtitles would I be pulled up on it?

Hey there @Roseiey !
As a general rule of thumb, they do say don't use it at all so I wouldn't risk it. They do say it's a complete deep scan on everything so the likelihood is that if it's come from a pre-existing website that they'd be able to find where you've got it from. It's completely up to you whether you'd like to take the risk but I don't think it's worth it as the scanners are really clever and pick up on everything. There's also the chance it's auto-generated that same title for someone else and could be the difference in your plagiarism percentage whether it comes back negatively or not.

Hope this helped!
Lucy - Digital Student Ambassador SHU
@Roseiey

Avoid. It's not worth the potential consequences.

I recently had a question about the use of AI for a piece of work and asked my university about it.

They were very clear it would not be advisable.

Avoid.

Oluwatosin 2nd year student University of Huddersfield
Reply 3
Not worth the potential fallout.
Original post by Roseiey

Original post by hallamstudents
Hey there @Roseiey !
As a general rule of thumb, they do say don't use it at all so I wouldn't risk it.

What is a chat GPT?! Im in uni too but never ever heard

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending